11-16-2017 04:14 AM
82 ... 234
    Found this on Yahoo! Tech site, not sure if any of their solutions might help

Issue: No alarm sound

There have been some reports of issues with alarms on the Galaxy S7 not making any sound. Some people have encountered this issue with third-party alarm apps, but others have had the same trouble with the default clock app. There are a couple of reasons it might happen.

• If you’re using a third-party alarm app, then it might be having trouble with the Doze feature in Android. You should see a wee alarm icon in the status bar next to your signal strength icon when an alarm is set. If you don’t see the alarm icon, then it’s not going to work. You should try using the default clock app, updating your alarm app, or using another alarm app that does work with Doze.
    • A restart will temporarily fix the problem. Last thing before bed, hold down the Power button and tap Restart, then set your alarm.
    • It may be caused by open media apps like games or YouTube. Try tapping the Recent apps button and closing everything before bed.

Potential solutions:

1. Take a look in Settings > Sounds and vibration > Volume.
    2. You should also take a look at Settings > Do not disturb. If you are using it, then tap Allow exceptions and choose Alarms only or Custom and select your alarm app.
    3. It could be that your app is being optimized. Take a look in Settings > Battery and tap Details under App power saving then tap on your alarm app and choose Disabled so that it isn’t turned off to save power.
    4. If you’ve been gaming recently, then there’s a chance that it has to do with Game Tools. The floating red icon for Game Tools will pop up when you launch a game and the first option is to set No alerts during game. To test if this is causing your alarm problems, try turning it off via Settings > Advanced features > Games > Game Tools.
    06-26-2017 05:27 AM
    It happens on S6 as well. This problem started since the last software updates. There seems to be no solution to it. Try setting your timer to go off every hour. Sometimes it goes off sometimes it just went silent and the timer stopped at 0:00:00. This is very annoying and I couldn't find any solution to it.
    07-17-2017 09:01 PM
    I too have had this issue happen. Originally it happened with the stock Samsung clock. Worked fine for the first 6 months I had the S7, then woke up late for work. Was told to install a 3rd-party system (went with Timely) and hadnt had a problem until this past Tuesday. Woke up only because my Fitbit notified me of a calendar reminder. It showed the timer was going off, but there was no sound. After googling for results, I restarted my phone, but then yesterday I didn't get any notifications either. I do use Do Not Disturb and there wasn't any updates (that I am aware of). I checked my setting last night and noticed that the Custom DND showed Alarms as being greed out and in the off position. This morning I got notification of an appointment, but again no alarm sound. I restarted the phone, and checking my setting and saw that Alarms was still grayed out, but in the on position. Tried out an alarm, and it went off without an issue. The ONLY app that I downloaded recently was the Android Auto... Which has since been forced closed and not used. Not really sure if it was the Android Auto install, if Timely updated (without me realizing it), or what, but it was about this time last year that it stopped working.
    07-27-2017 02:15 PM
    I had an S5 that did this to me twice once on a work trip and I got stranded in Oklahoma. Verizon gave me a brand new iphone. I now have an S7 and probably wouldn't even try to use it as an alarm.
    07-27-2017 03:23 PM
    I have intermittently had the same problems. My do not disturb setting keeps changing itself. I have it set to custom (includes sound for the alarm) but when I check it later it has changed itself off of custom to silent. Any suggestions?
    07-27-2017 10:45 PM
    Hey all... same issue with my Verizon galaxy s7 that I have had for 6 months, just started 3 days ago where alarm will go off but make no sound. I have figured out 3 things I have done differently in last week:

1) downloaded imgur app... it's now gone

2) was on a cruise and in airplane mode for extended period (4 days) which is when I first noticed it... but problem has continued back on 4G

3) I silenced notifications on 2 text message thread, first time doing that.

I am using stock alarm app and stock txt msg app. I don't see the alarm app under battery optimization... just stopwatch/timer but have allowed those unlimited juice.

I have uninstalled imgur and unsilenced those threads in txt. Will see how it goes.
    08-15-2017 09:15 AM
    Mine did the same thing and i thought i tried everything. Then i turned off Bluetooth and tried again and it was back to normal.
    11-16-2017 04:14 AM
82 ... 234