how to make AOL, Huffington Post, Trip Advisor, etc. go away?

Bill Munzer

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
When I want to go to a web site and I am using the "Internet" app (on an AT&T phone), I tap the URL field so I can type in another address. When I do this, I get a pop-up list of 7 icons for Yahoo, Google, AOL, Huffington Post, Amazon, Ticketmaster and Trip Advisor. (See screen shot.)

How do I make this go away?

Screenshot_20160322-181325.jpg

Kuribo

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile also and have the same issue. Galagian, you might be using the Chrome browser. This problem occurs on the Samsung stock browser.
I posted here about this very same issue a week or so ago, and have seen no response. I've contacted Samsung technical support and they claim there is no way to remove these links from the quick access menu. Frankly, I don't believe that. Older versions of the browser gave options to edit/remove links from the quick access menu.
Currently, I have found no solution to this problem.

Bill Munzer

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Kuribo >> Samsung phone support has NO CLUE what is going on here. (They think I'm high.) I am on the phone with AT&T right now. There is a Samsung rep there too. If they have any news for us, I will get it posted.

Kuribo

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Sopclod, I agree it is a good feature. But we should be allowed to edit links (Huffington Post?! I have no desire to visit that site!) And Bill Munger, thank you for your continued efforts. Samsung technical support was definitely useless in this instance. I'm convinced there must be some way to resolve this issue!

HH15

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Credit due:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7/652213-deleting-quick-access-bookmarks.html

Procedure:
1. Open the browser.
2. Tap "More" in the upper right.
3. Select Settings.
4. Select Homepage.
5. Set the homepage to "Quick Access."
6. Exit the menus.
7. Tap the home button on the bottom of the browser.
8. Hold down on one of the icons and it will allow you to remove all the chuff and add your own links.
9. Once done, you can set your homepage back to whatever you desire and the quick access links will show up as your modified versions.
10. Forward this procedure to Samsung and your mobile carriers support. (Share the love, help prevent stupidity.)

;-)

Kuribo

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Many thanks, HH15! I knew there had to be a way! Admittedly, it is rather unintuitive. If only I could remember the name of the guy from Samsung tech support

Kuribo

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Galagian, it's been my experience that the Samsung browser is faster. I also find it's layout to be more intuitive, but I suppose that's a matter of preference. Give it a shot, I think it's the better browser.