AT&T Promo, buy 1, get 1 free question

goober84

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I buy all my phones off contract (so I don't know much about AT&T Next) but my parents are wanting to get the promo currently being offered. My question is, if they pay for 4 lines (month to month now, all phones paid off), can they add the 2nd line and then drop one of their lines? Also, they're hoping they can use the "free phone" on one of their pre-existing lines and just use the new line with an older phone. Anyway, is this possible? Thanks for the response and sorry for the long post!

Posted via the Android Central App

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
If all lines are paid off, then they should be able to cancel any of them that they want. They should be able to use one phone on each line. Not sure exactly how AT&T does it, but with Verizon's BOGO, you pay the taxes for both devices up front and they send a prepaid debit card to you in the amount of the free phone so that it can be paid off when you get the card.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
If you move the new phone off the newly activated phone number, they will charge you for the remaining cost of the phone. Has to stay on for the whole 30 month term of the Next plan and you get your free phone via 30 months of bill credits.

Verizon's is a much better deal. Keep line open for six months and that's it.

goober84

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
So even if you keep the newly activated line and just move the phone to another line on the same account, they'll charge you for the full price of the phone?

asimon1006

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
The "get one" phone has to be a new line of service..the phone is added to the 30 month installment program..if an existing line wants to use the new device that is fine..you just cant cancel that added line until the 30 months is paid out...the actual device can be used on whatever number you want..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084