Is there a way to get the older style black background, such as on my Note 2 [SOLVED]

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
There are lots of white screens on the S7 which I would expect reduce battery life. The phone dialer app for example, and the Settings screens. Can we get an app that will affect the background (to black, for instance) of those apps? I kinda like the look of the old dialer app.

I thought themes would give me a choice for that, but when I check out themes they seem to be for giving odd looking icons and backgrounds on the home screen; something I don't want to change. I'm find with stock icons and Nova Launcher.

SOLVED: There is a new theme in the theme store called "Blue & Black". Works exactly as I expected and wanted. gives me a black background phone dialer, and settings screens background.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is there a way to get the older style black background, such as on my Note 2 that has 4.x Androi

You can use themes to get a dark background. My favorites are weyo and dark mint.

You can install an icon pack to get the icons to what you want on Nova

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is there a way to get the older style black background, such as on my Note 2 that has 4.x Androi

While I also prefer the look of the darker themes..... the impact of the white on your battery life is negligible. How much time do you spend looking at the Settings screen? And the dialer app, might be white, but if you are in a call, the screen's off (by your head) or you can turn it off if you are in speakphone.

In general, people spend the vast majority of their time in an app and not fussing around in the system areas, so unless you also have dark themes for all those apps, you wouldn't really save much.

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site

Download Touchwiz Black from the theme store. It looks gorgeous!

Posted via the Android Central App

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

While I also prefer the look of the darker themes..... the impact of the white on your battery life is negligible. How much time do you spend looking at the Settings screen? And the dialer app, might be white, but if you are in a call, the screen's off (by your head) or you can turn it off if you are in speakphone.

In general, people spend the vast majority of their time in an app and not fussing around in the system areas, so unless you also have dark themes for all those apps, you wouldn't really save much.

Facebook Dark would be a good option. ;) Also, inverted color on the browser. Black background, white text. Well, great for battery life, crazy on the eyes.
I'd like to see app makers take advantage of the day/night theme settings now too. Played with coding that in and it's easy to do. You can have white/light during the day and dark/black during the night. Gives a cool effect to your apps.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Well, that's the idea... You're in apps most of the time. Of the apps I have that have dark themes, I use them. But I do it because I prefer the look... Power savings is an added benefit

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

thank you everyone! I'm not fond of white screens except for browsing the web. I'll check out the dark themes.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Download Touchwiz Black from the theme store. It looks gorgeous!

Posted via the Android Central App
I just went to Settings/Themes and did a search for "Touchwiz black". no results. ??

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

I just went to Settings/Themes and did a search for "Touchwiz black". no results. ??
I can't find it either.
Searched just black themes also and couldn't find it either.
????