Should I wait for HTC 10 or Get S7?

Musadiq Khan1

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I am confused. Should I wait for HTC 10 launch and then decide between S7 or HTC 10? Or should I just get a S7 now?

Battery
Camera
Sound

My priorities. Suggestions?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Wait for the HTC 10 to launch and then decide. Thats what im doing.
Sounds like both devices will have good battery life and good camera (HTC 10 will have a good sensor anyway) but im hoping for good sound for the HTC 10. Been disapointed with recent reports of it having an LCD screen vs AMOLED. But i can live with that if it sounds great and has good battery life.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would wait until the m10 is released then you can read the reviews of the final products and decide. Also, keep in mind that especially for battery life, everyone's usage is different.

hylex

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I would look past HTC. Their last two flagships (since the superlative m8) have been disastrous to say the least, at least on the camera front. S7 is right here, right now and doing well.

Generally i trust them more than i do HTC (bitter m9 owner)

goober84

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
If you're on the fence and not in immediate need of a phone, go ahead and wait for the unveiling of the M10. I had the HTC One (M7) and absolutely loved it so I have faith HTC will release a great device. All that being said, can't go wrong at all with the S7, I absolutely love my S7 Edge.

Posted via the Android Central App

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you should wait. I suppose there could still be some deals on the S7 but why take the chance? The S7 is a great phone with great deals on it right now!

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
As someone who owned nothing but HTC devices I gave up and got the S7 with free gear vr and memory card, not disappointed. Honestly the M10 may be great with a fine camera but the S7 has one as well.

If you are truly on the fence or strongly prefer Sense to TW it's probably best to wait.

Make it so.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I was on the same boat, still am but I did go ahead and got the S7 and I'm very very happy. Still looking forward to HTC's announcement though.

Camera, water resistance, one hand usage will most likely be best in Samsung.

Sound quality, development and updates will most likely be better on HTC.

Performance will be a wash or maybe HTC ever so slightly edging it in terms of day to day usage. We shall find out soon enough. But what we know for certain is that the S7/S7 edge is a beast, it's still a question mark on HTC.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I too am waiting for the HTC 10 but decided to jump on the BOGO Sammy promotion and very glad I did. It's a great phone (got the SGS7e) and if the HTC 10 looks a better phone when it comes out I will sell both the SGS7e's and I'll be up money and still have a great phone :) No brainer.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
If your on the fence I guess it's best to wait it out. For me I have been disappointed with the last two HTC phones. For me I got the S7 edge.

But if your not sure it can't hurt to wait and see what you like best.

McDoogie

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm gonna wait, if I don't like it ill get the s7. The edge looks stupid. I had the M7 and m8 currently. Really excited for m10!

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm gonna wait, if I don't like it ill get the s7. The edge looks stupid. I had the M7 and m8 currently. Really excited for m10!

I feel you man. Once you go built quality of HTC it's hard to get impressed by anything else.

Having said that I've been an owner of the M8. Which has been my favourite phone ever! Currently using the S6 edge. And though I think Samsung has stepped it up real good in these two years, the built quality of HTC is hard to forget.

I really am an HTC fan by heart. I just hope they do justice to themselves this year. The leaks look, interesting. But the phone always looks better in real life than leaks. I hope they've figured out the camera by now.

If they do it well, htc 10 will definitely be my next phone.

Samsung just lost me with their redundant software updates attitude. The last year and this year line ups have been nothing short of amazing. But still. Why Samsung why don't you work on timely updates?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The galaxy s6 series glass build is as premium as it gets. HTC no longer has the advantage in build quality
This really depends on your definition of build quality. Yes, the S6 and S7 models do have a nice build quality, but premium is in the eye of the beholder. Having had an M7 and M8 and an S6 I firmly agree the build qualities on all are A+, but I'm not a big fan of the all glass fronts and backs. I think the metal uni-body of the M7 and 8 is preferable to me over the glass of the Samsungs. The glass has to much of an elegance to it not preferred by all. Good we have choices. Doubtful I'd get an M10 tho unless it can be used unlocked on Verizon. To hard to go back after using an unbranded, unlocked pure android device. I hope HTC doesn't fade away as they have made some super devices.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
The galaxy s6 series glass build is as premium as it gets. HTC no longer has the advantage in build quality

I would take the HTC M7 suave aluminum build any day over the slippery fingerprint magnet Galaxy series.

dreaming of electric sheep

KnicksALLday

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
im a huge fan of htc and have been buying their phones since the OG incredible... I bought the original incredible, rezound, incredible 4g, m7 and m9 and i love htc the phone itself is durable and has great quality and sense is nice too... but the camera sucks and i love using social media and i would be embarrassed posting my pics...im glad i finally switched over to samsung and with the great camera quality im glad i didnt look back.. but my advice would be to wait for the m10 to release so you can make a decision you wont regret... i dont even know the specs for the m10 but im confident the s7 will be better imo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar