Samsung Browser

PretzelLogic

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I bought a Galaxy S7 today, and spent much of the afternoon getting my bearings with it. I have some observations and some questions.

First my observations; the Samsung browser seems to be the best of the bunch. It auto fills my passwords and is secured by finger print, plus it has ad blocking. As near as I can tell, no other Android browser has these features. Are my passwords backed up somewhere? Also, is there any way short of rooting the phone to get rid of the default Samsung bookmarks? What a horrible thing to do to an otherwise great browser.

Is LastPass buggy or am I terrible? I can't get it to work with any web sites, it just keeps trying to use the same three password entires over and over. It works a little better with apps, but sometimes will fill username/password for me, and other times requires me to copy and paste the passwords. Am I doing something wrong?

This is a great phone, I like it a lot so far, just some things that will require adjustment, as I've always used iPhones before.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

I'm glad you like your new S7.

It will probably take a few days to adjust to Android if you previously used a different platform. I never used iOS, but I was a previous Windows Phone user. Once I gave it time, I loved Android.

Please don't hesitate to ask for help for anything that puzzles you. There are many folks here who are Android experts who will help you with any issues you have. :)

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
When I set up my phone, I didn't get the Samsung browser. Where do I download it? I've searched the play store and Galaxy apps.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Just checked my verizon s7 and its not there. Even checked my disabled apps.

I hadnit noticed since someone on my account uses it not me.

I use chrome beta, but my note5 still has the samsung browser installed. Just cant find it on the s7 lol.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
There is a way. Somebody else did this and I followed suit and it worked perfectly. If you have more than one Google account, sign into the app store under your second account and look for Samsung Internet Browser. You should find it and be able to install it then. And it'll work regardless of which Google account is your main one on the phone. Weird, I know, but it works.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm waiting for Verizon to let me download it I'm to lazy to jump through hoops. Lol. Hopefully soon enough. I heard somewhere that it would be released soon.

PretzelLogic

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know where Samsung stores your passwords in their browser? I see data can be backed up with my Samsung Account, but it doesnt specifically say if passwords are backed up, or if there is a place where I can see and manage them.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm waiting for Verizon to let me download it I'm to lazy to jump through hoops. Lol. Hopefully soon enough. I heard somewhere that it would be released soon.

Verizon did let me download it. It's not an APK. It's literally as easy as going into the Google Play App, clicking the dropdown box for your second Google account and searching for Samsung Internet Browser. Then hit Install. Done. Though, quite frankly, it's not that useful a browser to me right now as I have no idea how to sync my Google Bookmarks with it.

Faifie

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Verizon did let me download it. It's not an APK. It's literally as easy as going into the Google Play App, clicking the dropdown box for your second Google account and searching for Samsung Internet Browser. Then hit Install. Done. Though, quite frankly, it's not that useful a browser to me right now as I have no idea how to sync my Google Bookmarks with it.

Didn't work for me..

Posted via the Android Central App

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Also, is there any way short of rooting the phone to get rid of the default Samsung bookmarks? What a horrible thing to do to an otherwise great browser.

Long press on the bookmark you want to delete and you will see a minus sign appear in the top right corner. It works just like iOS:

de5619a4861ba53881397acd0f9bcfe3.jpg

anon(7775)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know where Samsung stores your passwords in their browser? I see data can be backed up with my Samsung Account, but it doesnt specifically say if passwords are backed up, or if there is a place where I can see and manage them.

I don't think passwords are backed up because I did a factory reset and had to reenter all my passwords also I lost my 30 dollar gift card for using samsung pay damnit

nthnu

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
From what I can tell, yes.

I don't know if this is normal, but the Samsung browser doesn't close/clear tabs when closed out. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol