Now when I boot the phone there is a new UNLOCK graphic on the Android screen...

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
but not on my wife's S7. Both received the OTA yesterday. Why do I have an UNLOCK symbol at the Android boot-up screen. That has never happened before this morning so it's obviously related to the OTA. If so, I'd have guessed hers would have the same thing.

Last edited:

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
WTH?? I shut it down again. Did a reboot and this time no UNLOCK symbol.

Anyway, has anyone noticed any graphics issues since yesterday's update? I've noticed one instance of flickering icons in the status bar and two instances of improperly drawn home screens that glitch in the upper 1/4 of the screen as the screen appears. This morning, when checking out my wife's phone, the pattern screen drew very slowly. Prior to yesterday, our phones have been used a TON, and I've not noticed any screen display issues or slowdowns. I hope we aren't going to have ongoing problems from updates fixing SOME things, and screwing up the performance of the phones. ANyone notice anything weird about screen display performance after yesterdays update?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No graphics issue here. Did you clear cache in the bootloader after the update? Directions are in the faq sticky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital