S7 & wireless charging

Tafflad

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Does the S7 have wireless charging as standard ? ...... or does this need a separate (thicker) wireless back.

Asking as my car has wireless charging, be nice if it does have this on phone.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Incidentally, one of the many things that I like better about this phone than my previous Edge Plus has to do with wireless charging. I'm not sure if it was because of the size of the former, but for some reason, I always had to be very exact about how I placed the phone on the charging pad or it would not charge. With the S7, again maybe because of the size, I can just put it on there in practically any position and it will charge.

Posted via the Android Central App

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Should there be any difference on the quality of charge between wired and wireless? Perception from my perspective is that it is a better charge wired...

vlas23

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
does anyone know if the GS7 and Samsung wireless charging pad will interfere with a magnetic plate inside a case? in my car i have a magnetic car mount, in order to use this mount i have a magnetic plate on the back of my phone.

thanks.

BillArf

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
does anyone know if the GS7 and Samsung wireless charging pad will interfere with a magnetic plate inside a case? in my car i have a magnetic car mount, in order to use this mount i have a magnetic plate on the back of my phone.
thanks.

Magnetic car mount's are often linked to GPS / Compass issues and more with smartphones. No way would I be using a magnetic mount anything with my S7 or other smartphone. To many alternatives to magnetic mounts.

BillArf

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
often surprised how many cases have magnetic catches - must impact compass

Well, a magnet (any magnet in close proximity) can very well have a negative impact. With even a chance of such a negative impact, why bring a magnet into the quotient. Just because you see cases with magnetic catches, magnetic mount cell phone holders, etc. does not negate that a magnet can have a negative impact/ should be avoided.

By the way, do consider this charging pad/adapter combo. Three of them in my residence and can tell you they are my preference versus the pricey, Samsung charger. http://www.amazon.com/Charge-Wireless-Charger-Adaptive-Included/dp/B015351V9U/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Unless things have changed in the past few months wired is vastly better than wireless. It's good to have if you sit by your phone a lot (like at my desk) but when I want a real charge I plug it in.

Should there be any difference on the quality of charge between wired and wireless? Perception from my perspective is that it is a better charge wired...