07-20-2018 02:55 PM
32 12
tools
    Delete security and clean app... It worked for me. I did it 5 minutes ago because I have had this problem for months now. Good luck!
    10-13-2017 01:05 AM
    Delete security and clean app... It worked for me. I did it 5 minutes ago because I have had this problem for months now. Good luck!
    10-13-2017 01:11 AM
    Had this problem and drove me nuts...hours and hours completely wasted trying to fix. Had to wipe out the phone every month or two to get my notifications to be audible again as my phone's text function is used for paging in a hospital setting.

Ends up for me it was incompatibility with the Security Master app by cheetah mobile.

Ever since deleting that app my notifications work perfectly fine and I have moved on to another App Lock app.
    11-09-2017 09:24 AM
    I was having this same EXACT problem. all my notification setting were set to "on" in my message settings but I fixed it by going to my phone settings then "device" then "notifications" then I scrolled through until I found my messaging app and sure enough that notification setting was set to "off" for whatever reason. I turned it back to on and it is fixed. My notifications are back to normal.
    You are a genius and I love you!!!
    11-23-2017 06:44 PM
    was having this same EXACT problem. all my notification setting were set to "on" in my message settings but I fixed it by going to my phone settings then "device" then "notifications" then I scrolled through until I found my messaging app and sure enough that notification setting was set to "off" for whatever reason. I turned it back to on and it is fixed. My notifications are back to normal.
    Hello,

Thank you. Such a simple solution.

This solved my issue too. I completely forgot to look there.
    11-27-2017 09:55 AM
    ‎06-07-2016 04:30 PM
    Solution to no sound notification galaxy s7
    I figure out how to fix the issue!

Go to settings, applications, application manager, than message. Somehow notification is set on block. Just unblock it

Solved! Go to Solution.
    05-21-2018 05:18 AM
    Fixed Problem S7 will not show badge or give notification sound when receiving text.
    I tried all basic troubleshooting and Samsung suggested I do a factory reset which I was not willing to do. After researching and putting 2 and 2 together I did what some suggested that was Clear Cache, that did not work so I decided to clear data. Problem totally resolved. Use that as a last resort

Go to apps
    Pick Messaging app
    Go to Storage
    Option is CLear Data or CLear Cache (if you tried the Cache and it didn't work then do the data)
    I thought I would lose my information the most would have been the text messages, but I lost nothing, but I did get my badge and sound back. Problem resolved.
    07-20-2018 02:55 PM
32 12