Has anyone figured out a workaround to changing icons on the Google Now Launcher?

Rick_Moli0212

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the Google Now launcher on my S7, and it along with a Marshmallow theme from the Samsung theme store has given the phone a nice stock Android look. Unfortunately, the icon pack included along with the Marshmallow theme hasn't applied on GNL. I know GNL doesn't natively support icon packs but has anyone figured out a workaround for this? The TouchWiz icons stand out otherwise.

And when I say icon packs, I mean in the app drawer too, not just modded shortcuts on the home screen.

Rick_Moli0212

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Like I said, I don't want just modifies shortcuts on the home screen. Using icon changer doesn't affect how it looks in the app drawer.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't think that exist. The only thing I've come across is for home screen icon placement. Who knows, I've been wrong before. Awesome Icons is great though.

kandasmom

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
I am also using the GNL and had an issue when using the Samsung Themes. When I applied on of them, it changed my icons; but I couldn't them to change back when I changed to a different theme. I tried changing to different themes & then deleted them all; but the icons (phone, calculator, contacts,etc) were all still messed up. I ended up having to factory reset my phone to put everything back. I hope someone has a solution.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You can't do what you want with GNL. Simple as that. Changing icons in the app drawer too is a launcher feature and GNL simply does not provide that.

Zenden8686

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
(pasted from my answer on another post)

Fyi for anyone googling this or looking for this still. I had my s7 edge display scaling set to condensed to fit more on the screen. Once I changed it back to standard (with the material Samsung theme applied) and rebooted the correct icons appeared. Could be that the change forces the launcher to recreate icons or clear it's cache etc.

Also, stock android lovers, install good lock from the galaxy app stores to bring the stock android notification shade and status bar into your s7. Got a very stock feel now with Samsung material theme, Google now launcher and good lock.

Hope this helps someone.

Donlon77

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
(pasted from my answer on another post)

Fyi for anyone googling this or looking for this still. I had my s7 edge display scaling set to condensed to fit more on the screen. Once I changed it back to standard (with the material Samsung theme applied) and rebooted the correct icons appeared. Could be that the change forces the launcher to recreate icons or clear it's cache etc.

Also, stock android lovers, install good lock from the galaxy app stores to bring the stock android notification shade and status bar into your s7. Got a very stock feel now with Samsung material theme, Google now launcher and good lock.

Hope this helps someone.

Note 5 user here. Thanks for this but it didn't work for me. I'm still seeing the touchwiz icons with the material theme applied. Should I switch between touchwiz launcher and Google now launcher a few times?

Thanks

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall