Improving S7 reception

cpearson

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Is there any way to improve the S7 reception? I'm dropping calls, people are saying i keep cutting out and I'm showing no service at a constant and continuous rate with this phone. I'm close to a full return and want to consider everything before I do.

cpearson

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Yes, Just bought. Am on second one as first had no signal whatsoever. I have Verizon which has always had good coverage for me on any phone I've owned.

JindoJake

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Yes, Just bought. Am on second one as first had no signal whatsoever. I have Verizon which has always had good coverage for me on any phone I've owned.

I would make sure "Advanced Calling" is disabled. (You can disable it on an account level from the Verizon wireless website, or at the phone-level using the "Advanced Calling" selection under the Settings app.) Advanced Calling is an interesting concept, but it's not ready for prime time. There are too many issues and limitations (only works with other Verizon phones that also support Advanced Calling, calls will drop if you switch between a 4G connection and a 3G signal, etc.).

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Maybe a case interfering ? I don't know. For it to be an issue with adanced calling I'd think more would be complaining about it since it is a pretty widespread feature, but def try it with it off to check.

cpearson

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
One more. Any ideas on to why I can't link up with a network extender? Any setting i should know about? when directly next to my buddies I get voice note from Verizon there a no extenders in range.

Last edited: