One thing I have loved about android phones vs iPhones has been the ability to flip through the screens continuously. Say, I have five screens. I can swipe from 1 through 5 and on the 5th, I swipe again, and it goes to the first page. With iPhones, when you reached the 5th, I had to go backward.

I just got my partner the S7 today. Just like with my Note 4, the stoopid Flipboard prevented the doing the above but even after I removed it, we still can't go from 5th to 1st. We also discovered we can't do it on the Apps listing nor the Widgets.

Is there a way to fix this? Is this a Marshmallow thing? My Note 4 has not updated to that yet so I've not had the chance to test it out. The S7 says its version is 6.0.1.
    03-29-2016 12:58 AM
    One thing I have loved about android phones vs iPhones has been the ability to flip through the screens continuously. Say, I have five screens. I can swipe from 1 through 5 and on the 5th, I swipe again, and it goes to the first page. With iPhones, when you reached the 5th, I had to go backward.

I just got my partner the S7 today. Just like with my Note 4, the stoopid Flipboard prevented the doing the above but even after I removed it, we still can't go from 5th to 1st. We also discovered we can't do it on the Apps listing nor the Widgets.

Is there a way to fix this? Is this a Marshmallow thing? My Note 4 has not updated to that yet so I've not had the chance to test it out. The S7 says its version is 6.0.1.
    Hi, this can resolved by downloading a 3rd party launcher like Nova or Action Launcher 3. This is a feature Samsung removed.
    03-29-2016 02:07 AM
    Oh. Well, that was just stupid of them.

My Note 4 updated last night and it still was able to do it so I was thinking it was an S7 thing. Gah. Okay, well, it isn't my phone so it won't be irritating me! LOL

Thanks for the answer.
    03-29-2016 10:40 AM
    Yet another reason to not run stock. 3rd party stuff for the win
    03-29-2016 11:38 AM
    Have Nova Prime launcher but reverting to stock until icon pack developers of those packs that I have downloaded update them. Issues with consistent icon sizes.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-29-2016 12:15 PM
    I'm trying out the Nova Launcher now on my phone. She only has 3 pages so flipping between them isn't that difficult. If she starts to use more as she gets used to having a better phone (her S3 died finally) with better screen, I may introduce her to one of the launchers.

But you know you are broke when you have to wait until payday to get a $4.99 app!
    the tall guy likes this.
    03-29-2016 07:51 PM