Hello all,

Forgive me if there is already a thread on this, but I didn't find one...

I'm curious about US carrier variants of the S7, as compared to the international unbranded one (SM-G930F). Aside from the carrier-specific bloatware, the locked bootloaders, and some differences in WCDMA/LTE band support, what features are missing/disabled on the carrier-specific versions which are otherwise available on the international unlocked/unbranded G930F/FD?

I'm currently on TMobile, and I'm thinking of either getting the TMobile version (G930T) or the international version (G930F). The only disadvantages I can think of with the international version are: 1. No warranty (this can be an issue if something fails), 2. Lack of calls over wifi (minor issue), 3. Lack of 1700MHz WCDMA band that TMobile uses (another minor issue).

Thanks!
    03-31-2016 09:46 AM
    Lack of WiFi calling would be an issue for me now. I thought I wouldn't use it, but traveling it's been a lifesaver. No more roaming fees and I can call home no matter where I am (on top of T-Mobile's already great international coverage). But that's me.

To the best of my knowledge, the only thing you'd be missing from the International version would be the experimental section or 'Samsung Labs' (which is mostly about disabling the app Drawer).
    'Samsung Labs' feature on the Galaxy S7 lets you turn off the app drawer | Android Central

You can check out AC's review of an UK unit and see if you spot any significant differences (other than the accent hehe).
    Samsung Galaxy S7 edge UK review: Awesome is the new ordinary | Android Central
    03-31-2016 10:00 AM
    Don't believe Samsung Pay works either...
    03-31-2016 10:12 AM
    Really??!!! Wow! I didn't know that!! I thought it was loaded (since it's already or it will be available in the UK) and since US banks are supported it would allow you to load up a card. OK, if that is missing, then yeah, it's a HUGE deterrent from International version. Phew!
    03-31-2016 10:16 AM