I have a detailed Outlook calendar on my computer that I want to put on my new Samsung Galaxy7. I assume I have to sync it with the Google calendar that is on the phone. How?
    03-31-2016 02:09 PM
    I have used a program called gsyncit for a couple of years to get non exchange desktop outlook info into google calendar and also onto my android devices. It's not a free solution but very effective.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-31-2016 03:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you want to continue using your PC's Outlook calendar, then you'd have to use a sync program like the one 19sparky82 suggested, or perhaps CompanionLink. If you don't need Outlook any more, I suggest exporting your calendar from Outlook and importing it into your Google Calendar. That will allow your events to sync easily with your Google Calendar app on your phone. Then use Google Calendar exclusively from now on, which will ensure that all of your events are immediately synced to your Google cloud, and accessible anywhere.https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37118?hl=en
    03-31-2016 03:37 PM
    Are you using an Exchange or Office365 account? If so, you can just add this account on your phone and the calendar will sync.
    03-31-2016 08:08 PM
    I'm having the same issue and it's driving me nuts. I use outlook for work and my gmail for personal (obviously) but I use both calendars religiously and for them not to sync up is killing me. If I put in an event on my phone it doesn't sync to my desktop and vice versa. Unfortunately its going to be a make or break for me so I'm hoping there is a fix. I've tried downloading a couple different calendar apps and it's the same thing.

-And if anyone has any insight on why I can't get group texts that would be a plus My husband and I were sent a picture in a group text and I didn't get anything. I only knew one was sent because my husband replied and said "Nice!" but i had no clue what he was replying to lol. I've had the phone for 4 days and i'm ready to go back for the iPhone 6
    05-20-2016 01:26 PM
    I use outlook for work and my gmail for personal (obviously) but I use both calendars religiously and for them not to sync up is killing me. If I put in an event on my phone it doesn't sync to my desktop and vice versa.
    I use Outlook as my desktop calendar client. I use exchange for work and gmail for personal. It is simple to keep everything in sync.
    - I sign into my exchange account and gmail account on my phone
    - I install Gsyncit on the PC to sync the google calendar with Outlook
    19sparky82 likes this.
    05-20-2016 02:40 PM