Samsung Browser is a win

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I've used only chrome for all my android phones in the past. but with the new browser and help of adblock, Samsung browser is very smooth.

in fact it's the only browser I use now. however I noticed that in Google Now if you click on more stories, Samsung browser doesn't work if you use it as default.

anyways has anyone else abandoned chrome for this browser? I just find chrome lagging more and more these days. very janky

Posted via the Android Central App

sopclod

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I pretty much agree... someone else posted about the little apps that appear when you open a new tab. It would be nice if this was customizable, but I often click on the google when to perform a search. It feels fast.

jparker71

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've used only chrome for all my android phones in the past. but with the new browser and help of adblock, Samsung browser is very smooth.

in fact it's the only browser I use now. however I noticed that in Google Now if you click on more stories, Samsung browser doesn't work if you use it as default.

I've also stopped using Chrome in favor of the Samsung browser. I like it so far. The Google Now thing is annoying. I found that backing out of Now and opening the browser brings up the article I pressed on, but still, it should just open.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I always use chrome but tried the Samsung Browser and I have to give it to them .. It is very fast and snappy.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I pretty much agree... someone else posted about the little apps that appear when you open a new tab. It would be nice if this was customizable, but I often click on the google when to perform a search. It feels fast.
If you are referring to quick access links then those are customizable.

The browser runs really well on my s7 edge

nthnu

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I really like it. The ONLY thing that I don't like is that it keeps all the open tabs after closing. So I'm greeted with several tabs when opening the app, when I just want a blank screen to start.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The only drawback is that you lose the integration with Google that Chrome provides, and the ability to view your bookmarks from all your devices, including PCs.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I installed it and have been using it today. Much snappier! Does anyone know if you can import your Chrome bookmarks into the Samsung browser?

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I've also stopped using Chrome in favor of the Samsung browser. I like it so far. The Google Now thing is annoying. I found that backing out of Now and opening the browser brings up the article I pressed on, but still, it should just open.

Using the app (better open with) will fix this issue for you

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I also installed the ad block for Samsung Browser and it's replaced Chrome as my default.

Make it so.

captfbgnet

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I also installed the ad block for Samsung Browser and it's replaced Chrome as my default.

Make it so.

Same here. Works like a charm including the adblock features on GS5. Seems faster than Chrome and Chrome would 'refresh' with a light pull down from the top. Not sure if Samsung is refreshing the screen.

Last edited:

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd use it more if I could import my Chrome bookmarks into it. I wouldn't even really need it to always sync

.....edit: Looks like there is a way to do it. Download the "Samsung Sync" extension in Chrome on your desktop.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/samsung-sync/epejdmjgfibjaffbmojllapapjejipkh

Once installed, close and re-open Chrome, then click the Samsung Sync icon to log into your Samsung account. Then, click the Bookmarks tab and then the Sync button (far right icon). It'll look like nothing happened, but on the Samsung browser, under Bookmarks you'll see Samsung Account > Desktop > Chrome, then your bookmarks (from both desktop Chrome & Mobile Bookmarks).

It may not be perfect, but at least for my needs it does what I want. Now to see how much I like the Samsung browser.

Last edited:

Alleyviper13

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Its unreal how much better it is. Once i got all my bookmarks and everything setup and the Crystal Adblock. WOW. I was waiting for it to be available on Verizon s7 right when i got my phone. Its so much better than Chrome. Once i used it for a day or two, I can honestly say its the best browser out there, especially since it allows ad block

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy