I just got an S7 with AT&T and I am not seeing a bluetooth tethering option on the Hotspot & Internet Sharing screen. Anyone know what gives?

Thanks
    04-01-2016 10:03 AM
    It shows on my unlocked s7 edge in the uk.
    04-01-2016 02:46 PM
    Did you resolve this issue?
    04-06-2016 01:00 AM
    Nope, still not there and I have no idea why. Too lazy to call AT&T customer service.
    04-06-2016 10:34 AM
    Nope, still not there and I have no idea why. Too lazy to call AT&T customer service.
    They wouldn't be able to really help. Customer Service has no control over the phones software.

FWIW -- T-Mobile doesn't have it either.
    04-06-2016 11:35 AM
    I don't think it's the phone's software. The phone is supposed to have it. The only thing I can think of is that AT&T disabled it.
    04-06-2016 11:39 AM
    A cell phone carrier doesn't have any control over the software. The software is independent of the cell phones companies. They can't add and remove features from your phone. They can only take away the features and plans that they offer as a service from a cellular standpoint.

When I couldn't figure out how to re-tether my dumb-phone (Nokia), a few people assumed it was the doings of AT&T. When in fact, they have no ability to change the physical settings and abilities on my phone.

I'd be interested to know if you figure this issue out. I'm looking to upgrade to a smartphone that can tether.
    04-06-2016 11:43 AM
    If you have any other suggestions I would love to hear it.
    04-06-2016 11:44 AM
    A cell phone carrier doesn't have any control over the software. The software is independent of the cell phones companies. They can't add and remove features from your phone. They can only take away the features and plans that they offer as a service from a cellular standpoint
    Actually they can. Carriers have been known to disable (or remove) certain things from the phone that they don't want customers to have.
    04-06-2016 11:44 AM
    Actually they can. Carriers have been known to disable (or remove) certain things from the phone that they don't want customers to have.
    Does that pertain to the phones being specifically branded? Such as an AT&T branded phone? From what I recall on several occasions when I bought the same phone, but not branded by AT&T, it had a slightly different feature setup.
    04-06-2016 11:45 AM
    Does that pertain to the phones being specifically branded? Such as an AT&T branded phone? From what I recall on several occasions when I bought the same phone, but not branded by AT&T, it had a slightly different feature setup.
    Yes, the carrier variants have carrier bloat and they can also sometimes have modifications such as this. The unlocked version has Bluetooth tethering but the AT&T / My T-Mobile variant doesn't. Just like I know the Verizon S7 Edge has a Mobile Hotspot toggle within the notification panel whereas my T-Mobile version doesn't.
    04-06-2016 11:55 AM
    Sounds like I'm out of luck unless I switch it out for the int'l version. Too bad.
    04-06-2016 12:46 PM
    Yes, the carrier variants have carrier bloat and they can also sometimes have modifications such as this. The unlocked version has Bluetooth tethering but the AT&T / My T-Mobile variant doesn't. Just like I know the Verizon S7 Edge has a Mobile Hotspot toggle within the notification panel whereas my T-Mobile version doesn't.
    The doesn't sound too bad. I have AT&T. Basically, I just need a US unlocked version and I can tether via bluetooth? That doesn't sound too bad. I wonder how the speed is.
    04-07-2016 06:31 AM
    The doesn't sound too bad. I have AT&T. Basically, I just need a US unlocked version and I can tether via bluetooth? That doesn't sound too bad. I wonder how the speed is.
    You possibly could just use a 3rd party app to achieve bluetooth tethering. It's just the built in one to Android doesn't have it since they took that away (AT&T).
    04-07-2016 07:38 AM
    i have an ATT samsung S7 and there is no bluetooth tethering option. i called samsung and they said it doesnt come with it. so what is the real story? Will i get the option back if i get the phone unlocked?? someone with real knowledge give me a straight answer please!!!!
    10-01-2016 03:42 PM
    I bought a Samsung S5 G900F and I can tether via bluetooth, wifi, and usb. I never activated those features with AT&T. I'm not supposed to have a hotspot feature because of my unlimited everything plan. I don't understand how I got by, but I suspect it's because I have the international version of my phone. It's also not an AT&T branded phone.
    10-01-2016 03:48 PM
    My G930U has all three, and I am using an AT&T sim on GoPhone...
    10-02-2016 12:20 AM