How do I sync MS Outlook 2016 calendar and a Samsung Galaxy S7 calendar?

A

AC Question

How do i sync ms outlook 2016 calendar and samsung galaxy s7 calendar?

I have synced Outlook 2016 email with Samsung Galaxy S 7 Edge but so far not able to sync calendars. Please describe how to do this

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do i sync ms outlook 2016 calendar and samsung galaxy s7 calendar?

I have synced Outlook 2016 email with Samsung Galaxy S 7 Edge but so far not able to sync calendars. Please describe how to do this

Is this a business account that's running Exchange Server or a personal Outlook account that's not tied to Exchange?

I assume the latter because I use Exchange and everything seamlessly syncs without any additional settings.

Can't help you with stand-alone Outlook sync.

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah unfortunately Google provides the syncing ability to enterprise users but not personal. I use Go Contacts Sync Mod. It syncs everything, contacts, calendar, etc. Or if it's just calendar you want, set up internet calendar on your Gmail account and import that into outlook. Lots of instructions online.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central!

Did you figure this out?

Fizzymouse

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site

I had a similar problem I just resolved. I had the galaxy 7 and Outlook synced and then suddenly most but not all calendar entries vanished from the phone. I tried all the suggestions in this thread to no avail. To fix it I opened the email icon. Select More. Select Settings. Under Accounts select your email address. Snyc account was already on. Select period to sync email. I had selected 1 month, so I changed to All. That did it. Now all the calendar appointments are now visible on my phone calendar.
Hope this helps someone.

dseidel01

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

I am having this same issue, but I used a personal copy of MS Outlook on my laptop.

MrPragmatic

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
2016 and google and Microsoft cant exchange basic data. WTF. These petty squabbles are BS. I have an s7 Edge, and I want to put contacts on the edge, but no, I cant. Because my contacts are in outlook, if I add them to the edge they will just disappear. Ive spent hours trying to turn android into a workable business solution just to find disappointment at every turn.

there is ZERO technical reason that prevents Microsoft and Android from getting along, none. They both use standard protocols and simple transforms.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
2016 and google and Microsoft cant exchange basic data. WTF. These petty squabbles are BS. I have an s7 Edge, and I want to put contacts on the edge, but no, I cant. Because my contacts are in outlook, if I add them to the edge they will just disappear. Ive spent hours trying to turn android into a workable business solution just to find disappointment at every turn.

there is ZERO technical reason that prevents Microsoft and Android from getting along, none. They both use standard protocols and simple transforms.
Using thr stock email app in my S7Edge (not Gmail app), I have the option to sync my contacts and calendar from my outlook.com account.

MrPragmatic

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I figured out how to do it with gmail. I dont like the stock app. I had an HTC, I may try their app, I liked the way it looked. Samsung colors are always a bit too korean for me.. (loud). LOL

greatbrit

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I have Outlook 2007 and an S7. I use Akruto, with the Notes/tasks add-on. I'm mostly extremely happy with it. It syncs fast from PC to phone, but not always so great at synching if I've added something on the phone (like a contact or calendar entry) while I was away from the home wifi.. Also, a restriction, that Akruto says is Microsoft, not them, that means it has a limit of how large a task or note it will sync (it truncates if it's too big). But overall, I'm glad I got it.

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Ditto for the Akruto. Been using it for several years for my Samsung Galaxy syncing with Outlook calendar and contacts. Been through Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016 plus several versions of Android. No issues!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I used to use the Google Cal sync app myself before they deprecated it... shame.. it worked so easy. I ended up going through a whole bunch of apps and tools to replicate, and either the were complete and utter trash, or they asked me to pony up an excessively large amount of money for such a simple task.

I ended up saying to hell with it and just loaded the Outlook app on my phone and deal with it not being integrated into my google account. It works out OK enough as the outlook account is my work email only... but not exactly my most ideal choice.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Or you could put the outlook app on your phone and be all set. I myself using the BlackBerry hub. Have no problem syncing thru active exchange.

Ann Miller5050

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
This worked beautifully, and I'm not even very good at doing stuff like this, lol Thanks so much, you saved me alot of time adding events manually :)

Original post was on 4/18/16 from Fizzymouse

jasonandrews25788

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site

I had a similar problem I just resolved. I had the galaxy 7 and Outlook synced and then suddenly most but not all calendar entries vanished from the phone. I tried all the suggestions in this thread to no avail. To fix it I opened the email icon. Select More. Select Settings. Under Accounts select your email address. Snyc account was already on. Select period to sync email. I had selected 1 month, so I changed to All. That did it. Now all the calendar appointments are now visible on my phone calendar.
Hope this helps someone.

This should be the best answer. Email acts like a backbone for the whole sync. Like if you sync contacts or calendar items from that account. It should be best to set email to sync ALL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE