Swipe Palm to screenshot not working

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Two S7s here and swipe Palm to capture screen doesn't work unless you drag your hand across the screen. No way no how can I make it work if I raise my hand up slightly from the screen and try all sorts of ways of waving my hand across the screen.

BillArf

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Two S7s here and swipe Palm to capture screen doesn't work unless you drag your hand across the screen. No way no how can I make it work if I raise my hand up slightly from the screen and try all sorts of ways of waving my hand across the screen.

In regard to your S7, you need to go Settings>Advanced Features> Palm Swipe To Capture and there turn ON Palm Swipe to Capture. Three S7's in my immediate family and Palm Swipe to Capture works well with each S7.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Palm Swipe is meant to have contact with the screen. I've done this for 2 years with my S5 and have done it numerous times in the 3 days I've had my S7. You can't "wave" your hand above the screen for a screen capture.
Monica

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
In regard to your S7, you need to go Settings>Advanced Features> Palm Swipe To Capture and there turn ON Palm Swipe to Capture. Three S7's in my immediate family and Palm Swipe to Capture works well with each S7.

I IS turned ON. I just won't work unless (finally I discovered) that you have to TOUCH the screen as you swipe, rendering it, IMO, LAME. Most of the time, touching the screen during swiping literally swipes the screen to the next whatever--home screen, or whatever else is meant to display with a contact-type swipe of the screen. That's why I say the feature is LAME.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It's my understanding you use the edge of your hand to swipe, doing it this way means the page won't change.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
After much practice I can get it to work most of the time but it's way simpler for me to just press the home and power buttons

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I IS turned ON. I just won't work unless (finally I discovered) that you have to TOUCH the screen as you swipe, rendering it, IMO, LAME. Most of the time, touching the screen during swiping literally swipes the screen to the next whatever--home screen, or whatever else is meant to display with a contact-type swipe of the screen. That's why I say the feature is LAME.

See below:

It's my understanding you use the edge of your hand to swipe, doing it this way means the page won't change.

Ditto. I have no issue with the phone changing screens. It's worked perfectly for me on this phone, and on my old S3.

thpatterson

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
This is absolutely maddening. Worked great on my S5 Active. The S7 Active I cannot get a screenshot with handswipe or pressing home/power. I have to ask a friend with an iPhone to screenshot and send it to me. gggrrrrrrr

lsr101

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Your right, it's terrible. Can't get it to work with either method. It might be that Google Now is enabled to the home button when you press and hold, but no idea how to disable it.

tomjv

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
I've found my S7 has to be in decent light. If your in a dimly lit or shadow area, it won't work. Ditto the S5.

Oh and mine drags(ed) the screen more often then not. I typically have to make 2 or more attempta to get a proper image.

Last edited:

Holly Martin4

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I agree that it doesn't work near as well as on older models. My s3 did a perfect capture every time. My S7 has to be finessed and it always ends up clicking on something or swiping to next page. Very frustrating.

robtappia

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
I recently purchased a galaxy S5. The palm swipe worked for the past 2 weeks. Now it doesn't. I've owned 2 other S5s and never had a problem with this. Does anyone know how to make it work again. Pushing the power and home button still works

Bamaray

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S7 active. I found out that the Otter Box that I have on it is the problem. The protection screen is causing the problem. If I remove the box then the screen capture feature works.

SashaThomas

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
On Samsung S7 phones, go to your settings(little wheel at top of page), then select Advanced features (Games one hand)and make sure your Palm Swipe to capture is not turned off. TURN IT ON problem solved

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Having this problem on my now 3rd S7 (different issues with previous 2). Tech support had suggested doing software flash. Rep was hoping to avoid going to that extreme, and he searched online for a solution. Initially worked (rep found posting that said to pause after first putting palm on the screen edge, then swipe). Worked about 3 times in the store, so I left with the phone. Went to show someone else, and no longer worked so back to the store. We did a software flash (guess it's akin to a FDR since I had to restore all my apps and settings). Tried it with no apps and no case on the phone - did nothing but go to next screen. We don't understand it at all. My 4th S7 is now on its way, and hoping that this will finally be one that works the way it's supposed to!

Pedram Nikzat

Jul 11, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem with my samsung c7 and finally I found the solution. First I should keep the phone with my other hand before using this feature. When it is on any surface it doesnt work and next is I need to do this from right to left in a way that my hand covers the top sensors otherwise nothing will happen.
I dont know why but my palm swipe option only works under mentioned conditions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2