Hi everyone,
    I recently got an S7 from Telus (I'm in Canada) and after owning iPhone all my life I gotta say I love it. So far the access to the file system is my favourite feature.

I have 2 questions I can't seem to find a solution to.

1) Is there a software that is similar to iTunes where I can backup/restore my phone if something goes wrong.

2) I have AFT and I was wondering if it's possible to delete some apps that I don't need or plan on using. (ie. Briefing, email, and other stock apps)

Thanks!
    04-02-2016 03:29 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

I've moved your thread to the Samsung Galaxy S7 forums so that more people who use the S7 will be able to assist you.
    04-02-2016 03:37 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

I've moved your thread to the Samsung Galaxy S7 forums so that more people who use the S7 will be able to assist you.
    Thank you, I was debating between the two lol
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-02-2016 03:39 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I recently got an S7 from Telus (I'm in Canada) and after owning iPhone all my life I gotta say I love it. So far the access to the file system is my favourite feature.

I have 2 questions I can't seem to find a solution to.

1) Is there a software that is similar to iTunes where I can backup/restore my phone if something goes wrong.

2) I have AFT and I was wondering if it's possible to delete some apps that I don't need or plan on using. (ie. Briefing, email, and other stock apps)

Thanks!
    For Backup, nothing on Android will do the Full Backup as you are used to on iOS and iTunes, but download Samsung Smart Switch for PC or Mac and you will have the Samsung alternative, it's pretty good, still missing that Full Backup that when you do a restore it gets everything as you had it before, but that's more of an Android limitation because the way the system files are, Samsung an do better, as I think LG's backup is a better solution but it is what it is.

For apps and features to delete, there are some threads already with some suggestions, but look also on Note 5 and Galaxy s6 forums as those devices have been longer on the market and there are a lot more threads about that on them. Basically what you see in those others will likely apply on the S7.
    04-02-2016 04:55 PM
    You can't delete most of the apps that come pre-installed, but you can disable many of them. If an app is disabled, it can't run or use any system resources, and you won't see it in the app drawer or on a screen.

Go to Settings / Applications / Application manager. Scroll to the app you want to get rid of, and tap on it. If you see an uninstall button, you can delete it (by tapping that button). If, instead, you see a disable button, you can do that, instead.

If you want to disable an app that doesn't have the option, you may be able to do it with Package Disabler Pro: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...agedisablerpro
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-02-2016 09:52 PM
    Another option is to open your app drawer, & select edit. Any app with a red minus symbol above it can be uninstalled or disabled. Click the red minus symbol and it will ask you if you want to uninstall or disable this app, then choose "yes".

Posted via the Android Central App using my badass Galaxy S7
    04-03-2016 06:48 AM
    Thanks for the prompt responses, I already disabled the apps I don't need however they are still taking up space on my phone. That's why I wanted to remove them.

What if I need to do a clean restore of the phone? What's the best way to accomplish that and preserve my data (or at least most of it)?
    04-03-2016 05:46 PM
    Thanks for the prompt responses, I already disabled the apps I don't need however they are still taking up space on my phone. That's why I wanted to remove them.

What if I need to do a clean restore of the phone? What's the best way to accomplish that and preserve my data (or at least most of it)?
    They are installed on the system partition, so deleting the system apps won't provide you with any user accessible space.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-03-2016 09:43 PM