Are there any Bluetooth remotes that can trigger video on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I know Bluetooth remotes can work with iOS to start and stop video but I don't see how a remote with a single button can possibly trigger the video mode rather than photo shutter release. I've scoured Amazon for such a Bluetooth device and no luck so far. I presume the problem is the way the camera app is designed for Samsung phones. In other words we can't put the camera app into a video mode other than pressing the video mode button to start the video

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
My android wear watch can start/stop video record on my phone but it's an expensive way just for that.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm...I have a Tizen based Gear 2 watch. Maybe that will do it. It's been so long since I used 3rd party apps for the watch, I can't remember what app was capable of controlling the camera/video functions.

EDIT: I installed Camera Controller to my Gear 2 but that was an unsatisfactory solution because the video recordings don't use the built-in settings of the phone. The focus must be selected manually, the image is widescreen, and there doesn't appear to be image stabilization.

Last edited:

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hmmm...I have a Tizen based Gear 2 watch. Maybe that will do it. It's been so long since I used 3rd party apps for the watch, I can't remember what app was capable of controlling the camera/video functions.

I use Pixtocam and wear camera remote on my Lg Urban.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Love it. IR blaster and camera, which are no longer available on Sammy's newer watches.
Now you have me thinking do I treat myself to a new watch. I was holding out for the Urban 2 but will have a look in the sammy shop next time I'm in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.