Android OS data usage

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can restrict background data. Otherwise, you have to find which app is causing the Android os to have high data usage.

death_eater

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I already did a factory reset and monitored the "Android OS" data usage with a fresh factory reset device but there was no improvement. Even if I disable the background data, that Android OS is still consuming background data. I only got a 1GB data monthly so 232MB taken by that Android OS is very frustrating.

Edit: Just fyi, I use my phone data for Clash of Clan, IM apps and email. I only limit myself on those apps due to my very limited data plan.

airos4

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
OK, I need to jump in here. My data usage graph is unbelievable. It shows that in a single month (and this repeats for all months I've had the phone) Android OS used 7.63GB of data by itself. How can I investigate what the heck it's doing? It's all showing as background. I get terrible battery life out of this thing, and I have to assume at least some of it is the high data usage in the background.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1