Locked out of Samsung s7 with fingerprint lock, says try again in 60 minutes! Help

A

AC Question

Just bought a new Sansung s7 and my fingerprint lock will not let me in! I have not even seen the contents yet! How to change back to factory ? Help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by not even seeing the contents yet? Where did you get the phone from? Was it brand new from a retail store, or "new" from a seller on eBay or Craigslist? If it wasn't from a retail store, it's possible someone sold you a used (or possibly stolen) phone, where the previous owner didn't remove their Google account prior to the factory reset.

louisegavin99

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I bought my S6 from Vodafone, setup the fingerprint security, have been using it for 2 months without any problems and have also started seeing this message. It won't allow the phone to unlock and it says "try again in 30 minutes"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does it even ask you for your backup password? When you try to unlock using your fingerprint, does it say that your fingerprint isn't recognized?

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Did you only put your finger in on a certain way? When setting mine up I came at the sensor from ridiculous angles and have had no issues

Posted via the Android Central App

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
You can remote unlock the phone via android manager online, this is a great way to access and unlock a device when you either have an issue like this or forget your password/ pin.

louisegavin99

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Did the fingerprint setup in many different ways to capture all possibilities, although it could be that as it's sat in my pocket or in a bag somewhere it's registering touch as an attempt to unlock the phone??

Either way, the solution suggested above sounds like a winner - I'll try that. Thanks a million.

Robo63

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
You can remote unlock the phone via android manager online, this is a great way to access and unlock a device when you either have an issue like this or forget your password/ pin.

The site only gives the option to lock?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aleksandar Aleksic1

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
I´m facing same situation. I locked my S7 with finger print and when the phone reinitiated I had to place my password.The issue is that I forgot it. I log in android manager online and I try to unlocked the phone but the only option is to lock it.
Is there any way to unlock the screen without reseting the phone and losing the information?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well after seeing the OP's forum name and the fact that they never replied.... yes you've been trolled.

The OP posted as an unregistered guest in the Ask A Question forum, which is why it shows up as "AC Question, Guest." The person I replied to had just registered, and seemed like she might be referring back to the original post, so that's why I was asking if she was the OP (and had subsequently signed up for the forums). I see this behavior a lot. So I don't think it was necessarily trolling.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I´m facing same situation. I locked my S7 with finger print and when the phone reinitiated I had to place my password.The issue is that I forgot it. I log in android manager online and I try to unlocked the phone but the only option is to lock it.
Is there any way to unlock the screen without reseting the phone and losing the information?
Samsung find my phone can remotely unlock your phone, IF you have it set up.

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
The OP posted as an unregistered guest in the Ask A Question forum, which is why it shows up as "AC Question, Guest." The person I replied to had just registered, and seemed like she might be referring back to the original post, so that's why I was asking if she was the OP (and had subsequently signed up for the forums). I see this behavior a lot. So I don't think it was necessarily trolling.

Fair enough and good point.

frostopia

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Mine too! It's asking for a password (which I never set up) and won't let me in. I tried to reset the password with the android device manager and got this message: "Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password won’t be needed."

I called T-Mobile and they just say to d a hard reset, but I don't want to lose all my pictures and apps! :(

Sim Sim Salabim

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Mine too! It's asking for a password (which I never set up) and won't let me in. I tried to reset the password with the android device manager and got this message: "Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password won’t be needed."

I called T-Mobile and they just say to d a hard reset, but I don't want to lose all my pictures and apps! :(

Hard Reset does not mean Factory Reset. Hold down the power button until the phone restarts

Tasena Ellis

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy s7, I was using the finger print as my screen lock for over a week, Friday night I powered my phone off to charge it quicker. Saturday morning I powered it back on & now it's saying that "Your phone was restarted and needs to be unlocked with the password. You can use your finger print next time you unlock your phone" only I've tried every known password it could be. I know I've put in the correct password but it still says try again in 60 minutes. I have over 700 hundred pictures I don't want to loose by doing a factory reset. Can someone please help me out? I would be ever so grateful. I took my SD card & sims card out of the locked phone & I'm now using an old phone until I can get my other one unlocked. Any advice or options other than loosing all my pictures & everything on my phone.
Thanks,
Tasena Ellis