Optical Reader and Video Editor pulled from galaxy essentials in the last few days

Ash Miller

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
rebuilt my phone and noticed the optical reader and video editor have been removed from the galaxy essentials, and are no longer even listed in the galaxy app store, these apps have been around for some time and I think Samsung is playing with who can get them on what device and under what carrier which is totally unacceptable. my carrier is cspire. below is a conversation I had with Samsung, I think I was just fed some info to get me off the topic and to go away but I will see, here is the convo

Chat InformationPlease wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Sreeja N'. The reference number for this chat is 4307976458. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Sreeja N: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?

Ash Miller: hey, first of all the questions asked are out of date, cellular south is now cspire, and I don't have a galaxy s1 (the only choice) I have a galaxy s7

Sreeja N: Hello Ash!

Ash Miller: my issue is that when I got the phone I was able to download video editor and optical reader from the galaxy essentials store, I had to wipe phone and now they are missing from the store and I cant install them

Ash Miller: in camera video edit, when I select video editor and even there where it prompts me to install it when I try it says not available for my device

Sreeja N: Thank you for the information.

Sreeja N: I understand that you are not able to see the video editor option in your phone, I'm right?

Ash Miller: i look in galaxy store under galaxy essentials or just search outright and i cannot find optical reader or video editor. they are both "missing" from the store

Sreeja N: I will be right with you.

Ash Miller: ok thanks :0

Ash Miller: :)

Sreeja N: Thank you for the information.

Sreeja N: Thank you for being online.

Ash Miller: k

Sreeja N: I have checked in my resources, I see that video editor options is removed in the S7 phone.

Ash Miller: since a few days? why

Ash Miller: and what about optical reader?

Ash Miller: is there a way to update my camera app so the video editor option is not there so if i accendentally click it it wont crash when trying to download?

Ash Miller: this is really unacceptable, even if these apps aren't free i should have access

Sreeja N: The next update will resolve the issue on the phone Ash.

Sreeja N: Please wait for next update the options will be released and you can use them.

Ash Miller: so i can no longer have these apps when other devices can, the apps worked fine and have been around forever, why are they disallowed on the s7 please explain

Ash Miller: ok so they will work then?

Ash Miller: any idea on when the update is coming?

Ash Miller: can you just please email me the sdk files so i can save and manually install...

Sreeja N: Please be online while I transfer the chat to my supervisor.

Ash Miller: ok thanks

Chat InformationPlease wait while I transfer the chat to 'Prashanth C'.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Prashanth C'. The reference number for this chat is 4307976458. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Prashanth C: Hello Ash! I'm the floor supervisor.

Prashanth C: Please give me few minutes while I go through your above conversation.

Ash Miller: ok thanks

Prashanth C: You're welcome.

Prashanth C: Thank you for your time.

Prashanth C: I see that the Video Editor and the Optical Reader has been removed from the S7. Am I right?

Ash Miller: yes they have been removed from the galaxy apps store within the last few days and i can no longer get to them to reinstall

Prashanth C: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Ash Miller: there seems to be an issue with the store, honestly this was a problem on my s5 a few years ago, i have a Verizon work s5 and they always were available, but they were not for the cspire s5. ok will do

Prashanth C: Ash, we are working for the updates and you will be notified once the update are released.

Ash Miller: so the answer is they have been removed to be updated and will be added back to the store, is that correct?

Prashanth C: Yes Ash, the upcoming updates might resolve the issue for you.

Ash Miller: ok thanks, i will wait and see

Prashanth C: Sure!

Prashanth C: I appreciate the patience you displayed while we worked together on this issue.

Prashanth C: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Ash Miller: that's it thanks

Ash Miller

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I have even complained to my provider (cspire) via email as I bet they play a role in this too due to the fact that video editor was allowed on the s5 for Verizon awhile back and not cspire, now it appears Verizon no longer has it.

worst part is they wont let you download something your camera says it needs. this just is ridiculous. clicking editor on a video causes the s7 to prompt for download only to error out and say not available for your device, when it was there 4 days prior with NO os upgrade.

these cell phone providers are out of control with the android devices, not being able to uninstall non android os software like "Microsoft onenote" and having to disable it? nonsense, not having access to apps that will run on your phone perfectly and were designed for your model, unacceptable, filling your phone with bloatware (cspire isn't bad here, but Verizon is horrid, my work s5 is filled with Verizon specific stores and messaging apps and nfl football crap) this is another stain on the greatness of android.

sad thing is I don't want a hacked (rooted) phone, I want one from the provider with all the capabilities with non of the crap, if I want Verizon messaging, put it in the play store, they should come stock barebone with the ability to download and remove what you wish, but I guess im just dreaming

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay