Google Voice Messages forwarding to Text Message App

UtahJeff

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I just got my S7 over the weekend and I'm loving it. Except... All incoming Google Voice text messages are showing up in my text messaging app. How can I stop this? I've looked through the settings of both apps and I must me missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

sinfoman

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
From my Note 4 (you might have to modify this a bit): Open VM app. Click 3 dots, top right corner. Click Preferences. Scroll down to Display SMS delivery of voice message. Click and select "Never Allow." Also, IMHO you might turn off "Display ads" in the same place. Respond to let me know this worked or not.

UtahJeff

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. That did not work. SMS sent to my Google voice number are still being forwarded to my default text app on the S7. Does anyone else have any ideas?

cdigga101

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Check settings, sync and notifications, and select receive text messages. If that doesn't work, maybe check the settings from the Google Voice website

Rick Jacobs

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I got my S7 last night and all the incoming text messages are not only showing up in Messenger but also showing up in my Google voice mail. I don't understand why I would need that.

I just uninstalled Google VM and Messenger and reinstalled, that seems to have broken whatever link was between the two apps. All I have to do now is a mass delete of text messages in my Google voice mail.

Last edited:

UtahJeff

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I switched to Sprint when I got this phone. I uninstalled Google Voice and reinstalled it. This time paying better attention to the prompts. They default to setting the option to forward texts to the messaging app. When I selected "skip" it corrected the issue. Thanks everyone for the input!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae