Watching NCAA ChampIonship with VR Gear?

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Are there any other turbo-dorks like me who are watching the NCAA Championship game right now on their new VR Gear?

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering what you thought of it? Does it look good? I wish I had one! View is from the first row, right?

It's pretty cool, but driving my wife crazy :)

Picture quality is pretty good for what it is. Definitely watchable, but my Samsung 58" plasma looks extra crisp each time I take off the headset.

It's actually on the edge of the court (in front of the first row). The most interesting thing is that it's always streaming. The sportscasters had their pregame table set up a few feet to the right of the camera. When they were done, you could watch them all drop their mics and a crew come organize all the cables. Kinda like a backstage pass to see everything.

Unlike most other VR apps, you only get a 180 degree field of view (for obvious privacy reasons with nearby fans).

Overall, pretty cool!

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I tried but could not find it in the oculus store or with the gear vr headset, is it possible is goes by region?

Posted via the Android Central App

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I used the VR headset for the Final Four games with my S7. It was VERY cool. But the actual picture/video quality was sub par. On my VR headset, it is sharpest in the middle and gets blurry as you look towards the peripheral edges. Also noticed the pixels of the S7 due to the magnification from the headset. But still VERY cool! Honestly after watching a little bit of the games with the VR headset (where I had to turn my head from left to right to see the whole court) my 65" TV seemed kind of small in comparison! :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad