Possible Quick Launch Camera Bug?

Dookbaekyi

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue as me. While I was in NYC, I was using the quick launch camera quite a bit (Double Tapping the home key) to take photos. It wasn't until I recently checked my gallery that more than half of the photos I took using the quick launch did not save at all. After being quite disappointed, I've tested it a couple times and it worked 9 out of 10 times. The one time it didn't save was a selfie photos which I didn't use at all in NYC. Curious to see if anyone else has this problem or if there is a quick fix to this. I really do love the quick launch feature but I'm very distrusting of it after this incidence.

Thanks!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I never had trouble with the quick launch on my GS6 edge and no problems so far on my GS7 edge.
I'll ask around to other GS7 users.

Nemokal

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue as me. While I was in NYC, I was using the quick launch camera quite a bit (Double Tapping the home key) to take photos. It wasn't until I recently checked my gallery that more than half of the photos I took using the quick launch did not save at all. After being quite disappointed, I've tested it a couple times and it worked 9 out of 10 times. The one time it didn't save was a selfie photos which I didn't use at all in NYC. Curious to see if anyone else has this problem or if there is a quick fix to this. I really do love the quick launch feature but I'm very distrusting of it after this incidence.

Thanks!

Yes I experience the same problem. The photo will appear as a thumbnail in the camera app when reopening but it won't show up in your gallery. I changed the save location from sd to device but it doesn't resolve the problem...

Last edited by a moderator:

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
all the photos I've taken since I bought my S7 were using the quick launch shortcut and all the photos are still there. Using the phone as the storage location.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have that particular quick launch problem. My problem is that QL doesn't always work from a screen off position.

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I've had the issue several times, yet I've never used the quick launch. Mine does it when using the camera from the shortcut to the app itself.

SaraLynne

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
I know this topic is a few months old now, but has anyone found a solution to this issue? I just got a Samsung Galaxy S7 last week and have noticed this problem from the start. Whenever I use the quick launch, it's a 50/50 toss up whether the pictures will actually save or not. The weird thing is, I tried to test it by using the quick launch function then unlocking my phone and looking at my gallery and this is what I found: about 75% of the time I used this feature the pictures went to my gallery, however within a few hours about a third of those that saved suddenly disappeared. This is particularly frustrating because I use my phone camera for work and when I'm in the middle of collecting samples I don't always remember not to trust the quick launch feature. I just found out that a significant portion of the pictures I took during an inspection two days ago have disappeared. For now I'll just be turning the feature off so I don't make the mistake again, but it would be nice to be able to use it and trust it because it is very convenient.