I had the same problem with my S4. No ringing, nothing on the call log but I get a message. It happened recently at my home and in a shop which both get good reception.
    04-05-2016 11:43 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! By message, do you mean a voicemail? If so, does this happen any time someone tries to call you, or is it more often with a particular person? There are ways to call a person so that it goes immediately to voicemail (e.g., slydial)--sometimes people do this because they want to leave a message but don't have the time or the inclination to have an actual conversation.
    04-05-2016 04:25 PM
    That's occasionally happened to me with every cell phone I've had. I chalk it up to carrier / network issues.
    04-05-2016 04:54 PM
    Yes. Voicemail. So far, it does not make any difference who calls since one of the calls I missed recently was from a person who calls me daily.
    04-10-2016 02:17 PM
    I'm having the exact same issue and it's frustrating. My carrier is Sprint and my husband has a Samsung Note (he does not have these problems). My S7 was working fine the first 1-2 months and has been on the fritz for the past month or so. I work from my phone and rely on it heavily, so when a colleague tries to call I have no incoming call record in the log, the phone does not ring, and about 5-15 minutes later I get a voicemail notification. I've lost precious meeting time to this issue and the only resolution I've been told is to update my phone's profile in the settings. I have to do this sometime 2-3 times before it works to receive calls and I deal with this daily now. This has been the worst experience and I've been a loyal Samsung phone owner for at least 8 years, upgrading every 1-2 years. What else can we try here? (FYI-restarting the phone makes no difference, I have the ringer set on high). Thanks.
    06-06-2016 11:32 AM
    I had to turn off the edge screen in order to make my ringer work. It was the only thing I found that that worked.
    06-19-2016 08:29 PM
    This happened to me when I turn on the spam call detector. Once I did it to a friend who calls frequently, and when I checked the settings on his particular call, it acted like I blocked him at some time or another mistakenly of course. So just make sure you didn't block that person. Go into more on the setting in the top right corner and check if it's blocked . Once you open a blocked call, you'll have that option to block the call and messages. The blocked call heading might be turned on and the voice mail messages might be off.

Posted via the Android Central App with My GS7
    06-20-2016 12:54 PM