I'm torn on these devices. I'm torn on these! Has anyone switched from one to the other (or back for again?). Love the battery on the s7 but I don't have large hands so I struggle with the ease of handling the Edge. Anyone else having a hard time deciding?
    04-05-2016 04:48 PM
    I had the same thought with the iPhone 6 and 6 plus release. Got the regular 6 because I thought it be too big. Later I regretted it. I think you can't go wrong either way. The edge has more battery and size. I don't think I have big hands and the edge really suits me. Due to the curved edges it's the same size as the 6 plus but slimer. Sorry for the long rant. I have the S7 Edge and size nor battery are an issue. I have the silver one
    04-05-2016 05:00 PM
    I'm also interested in people's views. Like the edge due to bigger screen, battery and the edges do make the screen jump out at you a little more. But the 'normal' S7 doesn't get the glare, probably nicer for one handed use, and from what I've seen less fragile. Is the edge really as fragile as some people report? Random smashing in pockets etc.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-05-2016 05:38 PM
    I read everything I could find on both phones for a number of weeks before I decided I wanted the Edge because of increased battery life reported and superior camera. I have had my Edge for a couple of weeks and, though I'm still learning a lot, I really love it. No complaints other than one morning shortly after turning it on the screen went black. I tried everything I could think of to try to reboot it, etc. Handed it to my son-in-law who tried the same tactics. He doesn't know what he did but it suddenly came back! Only happened that one time. I have small, arthritic hands (72 yrs old) and I have no trouble holding on to it. I bought a very nice case for a reasonable price on Amazon which helps because the back is sort of corrugated. I think the brand is Caseology. Screen protector I bought is disappointing. Bubbles that were supposed to disappear in a day or two are still there. I may take it off and buy another one. Overall, I couldn't be happier. I have the gold one and the case I bought is Navy and Gold and looks reslly spiffy on the gold phone! Love it.
    04-05-2016 06:03 PM
    I read everything I could find on both phones for a number of weeks before I decided I wanted the Edge because of increased battery life reported and superior camera. I have had my Edge for a couple of weeks and, though I'm still learning a lot, I really love it. No complaints other than one morning shortly after turning it on the screen went black. I tried everything I could think of to try to reboot it, etc. Handed it to my son-in-law who tried the same tactics. He doesn't know what he did but it suddenly came back! Only happened that one time. I have small, arthritic hands (72 yrs old) and I have no trouble holding on to it. I bought a very nice case for a reasonable price on Amazon which helps because the back is sort of corrugated. I think the brand is Caseology. Screen protector I bought is disappointing. Bubbles that were supposed to disappear in a day or two are still there. I may take it off and buy another one. Overall, I couldn't be happier. I have the gold one and the case I bought is Navy and Gold and looks reslly spiffy on the gold phone! Love it.
    Camera's are the exact same

systemofadown1 likes this.
    04-05-2016 08:05 PM
    I had both and stayed with the s7... the main reason is because I never used the edge screen and I was afraid of dropping the phone and having it break. Plus they're are so many more cases for the s7. They're specs are almost all the same just the battery.... but I find the battery on the s7 was better. Idky but that's what I saw. Screen protectors have been an issue with both phones.

04-09-2016 08:20 PM
    I looked at the S7 edge and knew right away I wanted the regular s7. It was just too tall. Of course this is my first go round with an android product pretty much as I'm deeply Apple. That being said, I have really enjoyed the S7 so far even if it itself is a little larger phone than I like. I use the iPhone SE for my line of work being a Certified Appraiser. The small phone can be put back forth in my pocket with ease for all the pictures I take. I like the S7 sof much that half the time I've used it during my inspections instead of my SE that was intentionally purchased for appraising and texting clients lol. The S7 is a pretty cool phone and I'm liking the entirely huge difference in the two software systems. I'm also typing this on my newly acquired Tab s2 lol. Apple and Android are vastly different I do see that but both have their pros and cons. As for the OP, if you even in the least like a smaller phone, go s7. The edge is cool but way too big for my taste. Both are great. Tough one!
    05-23-2016 05:45 AM
    I had both and stayed with the s7... the main reason is because I never used the edge screen and I was afraid of dropping the phone and having it break. Plus they're are so many more cases for the s7. They're specs are almost all the same just the battery.... but I find the battery on the s7 was better. Idky but that's what I saw. Screen protectors have been an issue with both phones.

JHStewart1023 is 100% correct here and my thoughts exactly.
    05-23-2016 09:44 AM
    Regular S7. I had the Note 5 and Note 4 so I'm used to big screens but the edge seemed goofy to handle with the narrow screen. Also all the edge cases don't protect it really well and didn't want to risk breaking a phone that is almost $800!
    05-23-2016 10:07 AM
    I had originally bought the s7 edge and switched over to the regular s7. I came from an iPhone 6s Plus that was obnoxiously large, so I figured the s7 edge would be slimmer and smaller which it was. The only problem I had was the edge display. It made the phone super awkward to hold and I honestly didn't like how the display looked with the curved display. I never used the edge features either. The s7 is amazing to hold in the hand and even though the batter is smaller, I am getting 4.5 hours screen on time consistently. Love this phone and happy I steered away from the s7 edge, no more phablets for me
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    05-23-2016 11:05 AM