I've been washing my S7 for the past few weeks, to keep it clean. I was wondering if it could damage the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-05-2016 07:41 PM
    Nope! I wash mine too, haven't had any problems

04-05-2016 08:02 PM
    Yes it can damage it, it isn't recommended to put it under running water or soap, running water can force water where it doesn't belong and soap can act as a lubricant to do the same thing. The phone is water resistant not water proof, consider it great if it accidentally gets wet but I would avoid doing it on purpose

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge
    tube517 likes this.
    04-05-2016 08:03 PM
    It's ip68 certified, you're not going to hurt anything running tap water over it. It's not like you're pressure washing it! Lol

20blks likes this.
    04-05-2016 08:20 PM
    It's ip68 certified, you're not going to hurt anything running tap water over it. It's not like you're pressure washing it! Lol

That's putting a lot of faith in the Samsung QC department. There's always a chance of water getting in the phone no matter what number they stamp on it.

tube517 and H3aTeRzz like this.
    04-05-2016 08:31 PM
    It's still an electronic device. Water resistant or not, not the best idea to wash a phone lol

However, it's your phone. Do as you wish.
    04-05-2016 08:39 PM
    Thanks for responding to my thread, I'm probably going to not wash my phone, I really don't want to damage it. Thanks again!

04-05-2016 08:49 PM

There is more than one post on here already with people showing off their waterproof phone to friends by running it under water and getting water stuck behind the camera or screen... Yes from running it under a faucet not a pressure washer, and Samsung themselves does not cover water damage under warranty claims... But do as you want just trying to help out the OP

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge
    04-05-2016 09:01 PM
    Ask the guy here
    http://androidforums.com/threads/gal...-pool.1016522/
    what he thinks about it :o
    tube517 likes this.
    04-05-2016 09:01 PM
    Guys I am washing my S7edge daily under running tap water, I dont force wash it... Samsung themselves suggested to wash this phone in many of their official guidence videos, I have been washing it scince nearly 3 weeks, no problem till now, sound and camera working absolutely fantastic..So nothing to worry wash it daily to keep it clean and in good condition..
    09-08-2017 12:58 AM
    There's really no reason to wash a phone under running water, unless it's horrifically filthy. Although the phone is IP68, remember that it's not a guarantee that the phone will be unaffected by water exposure. It's water resistant, not waterproof. Look at page 5 of the manual: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...1.0_160219.pdf

"Despite this classification, it is still possible for your device to be damaged in certain situations." It's very vaguely worded, but it's essentially a disclaimer that means the warranty won't cover any potential water damage.

Just use a microfiber cloth to clean the screen and body, and if there are stains, use a little bit of rubbing alcohol.
    09-08-2017 02:40 PM
    Why would you ever wash a phone? Agree with Diddy, just wipe it down unless you own a septic pumping company.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-09-2017 07:51 AM
    +1Diddy. Alcohol pads work great as well. That said, I have tried to water log this phone and my gears2 by leaving them both on my self all day at water parks, pools, hot tubs ect. Over a year later and they both work well. I am also prepared to eat the cost in the event something happens, so if that is you, wash your phone as much as you want.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-09-2017 09:03 AM
    Better to use cotton ball with a little bit of high percent rubbing alcohol, and then a cotton cloth to dry it. Then to use the tap water and soap!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-09-2017 09:39 AM