fast charging is slow

anon(7775)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm at 58% battery life and fast charging is telling me 42 minutes until full, does that sound right, I thought it was faster than that, and yes it's on

Posted via the Android Central App

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I just had to have my brick replaced. Mine was doing the same thing. Got the replacement in from AT&T today and now it's just fine. I read this has been an issue in the past as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bridget Booth

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I've seen a lot of people here and on other boards saying they've got a bad charger with their phone. I don't think either of mine are bad, but I do see both my phone and my husband's phone telling me there's X minutes left to charge, only to see it fully charged far sooner.

ETA: This has been happening more since TMo's update with battery "optimization."

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can use an app like battery monitor widget to log battery charging current to see if it is indeed fast charging. Drain it to 5% and charge it to full. Then post the chart here.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
At first I didn't have the USB cable plugged into the wall adapter all the way and whereas it charged, it charged slowly. Make sure it is plugged into the adapter all the way before you plug it into the wall.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a lot of people here and on other boards saying they've got a bad charger with their phone. I don't think either of mine are bad, but I do see both my phone and my husband's phone telling me there's X minutes left to charge, only to see it fully charged far sooner.

ETA: This has been happening more since TMo's update with battery "optimization."

My charger that came with the phone and the one that came with my fast wireless charger have been working fine (before and after the update).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21