nothing happens when receiving text messages

moran2110

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
For a few days now my new galaxy s7 has been doing nothing when i receive a text message. No audio , No vibration, No notification, No pop ups, No blue led. The only way i know i have a message is the the message icon on the home screen at the bottom. Phone is not on silent and sound is still set for notifications, everything still works fine for facebook and app messages but the default message program does nothing. I have tried resetting several times. Any other Ideads?

Posted via the Android Central App

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Did you check the settings for your messaging app to ensure the Notification toggle is still set to On?

(Yes, I know it's a basic thing, but maybe it accidentally got turned off in the app)

5019090456862747035e7cc6a2a1c5f7.jpg

moran2110

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Yeah all notifications are on. And push notifications and sounds are working fine with all other apps

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
today samsung issued an app store update on their notification. the might fix it

Sole07

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
today samsung issued an app store update on their notification. the might fix it

I just got that update and I still get no notification on stock messenger. Started to happen after the latest T-Mobile update. Sigh