S7 died this evening

pxleight

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I put my s7 on charge and went to get it an hour or so later and it was showing the galaxy s7 powered by android startup screen. Power button did nothing. Eventually got it to reboot by holding power and volume down but it just got stuck in a reboot loop. Removed sim and SD card and eventually got it to boot but as soon as I unlocked to the launcher it froze and rebooted, caught in the loop once more. Managed to get to the home screen a couple more times but still frize shortly after. Now it's just a brick. Called my service provider and they are sending out a replacement but I'm not impressed that the phone didn't even last 30 days.

pxleight

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Can't get it to do anything now, completely bricked. Replacement arrives Friday so I'm using my m8 until then. Hopefully it was just a fluke unit and not a sign of things to come.

Posted via the Android Central App

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Just when I started to love Samsung again, I get my very first DOA phone and I've OWNED a lot of them.

It is disappointing I wonder if it's a software issue that Samsung needs to address. I've read too many random reboots and black screens.

Alleyviper13

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
that stinks. This is the best phone ive ever had and ive had quite a few

-nexus 6p
-Iphone 6
-Iphone 5s
-Galaxy note 5
-galaxy s5
-galaxy s4
-i phone 4
- and an HTC m8 and M9 scattered in there

Its by far the quickest, snappiest phone ive had and the battery has been surprisingly wundermus

pxleight

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Left it over night, this morning the battery was flat but it started charging and shows the animation fine. If I turn it on it still gets stuck on the same screen and stays like that until the battery runs down.

pxleight

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
No, I've not been able to get into recovery at all, I managed to get into the downloader a couple of times but that's all.

Edit to add: I spoke with Samsung today and they said as it was less than 30 days they'll replace it, they're not repairing s7 models yet.

pxleight

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Power, Vol up and home just don't work, held them for 30+ secs and nothing. The only combination that seems to work is power & vol down. Even power on its own rarely works. I suspect either a problem with the battery or the memory is the cause as the fault is so inconsistent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae