Tmobile galaxy s7 BOGO denial

caveman84

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Received a call today from tmobile, unfortunately i couldn't answer and got a voicemail stating that thye received my Galaxy S7 BOGO submission but will not approve the offer, in other words, second galaxy s7 is not free anymore. I will call them tomorrow and get clarification as to why it was refused. I can already feel this is going to be a very frustrating experience with tmobile. The only reason i got galaxy s7 is because i was getting one for free. If im on the hook for two phones, i will be prwtry upset. Anyone else gotten their BOGO denied yet?

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Received a call today from tmobile, unfortunately i couldn't answer and got a voicemail stating that thye received my Galaxy S7 BOGO submission but will not approve the offer, in other words, second galaxy s7 is not free anymore. I will call them tomorrow and get clarification as to why it was refused. I can already feel this is going to be a very frustrating experience with tmobile. The only reason i got galaxy s7 is because i was getting one for free. If im on the hook for two phones, i will be prwtry upset. Anyone else gotten their BOGO denied yet?
They didn't give no explanation why it was denied? How about you, did you did anything out of the ordinary that you might share with us?

caveman84

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
They didn't give no explanation why it was denied? How about you, did you did anything out of the ordinary that you might share with us?
Nothing at all, followed all the steps in the store, signed up for new lines and all. Followed everything to a tee. Not sure what went wrong, unfortunately, the place i got a call from, is open from 0900 to 1730, so they are closed now. Ill call them tomorrow to get a clarification but meanwhile, i am so anxious about whis whole thing.

caveman84

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Figured out what may be at fault here, i read through the fine print, and it states that the second device in order to qualify to be free, has to be on EIP, when i got both phones, the sales guy pitched me JOD and both phones are in fact on JOD instead of second one being on EIP. I strongly suspect thats why it is being denied. The sales guy assured me that JOD was the way to go to so i am furious that i was given a wring info and in beyond 14 day return window. I hope tmobile will make this right tomorrow.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Incompetent salespeople/reps are the bain of my existence! I've made it a goal to do my part to retrain all that I can by not letting them get away with not knowing their jobs!
My latest challenge was a Verizon rep. BEFORE I went to BB last week to buy my S7, I called Verizon and asked "Abigail" (always get the name of the person you're dealing with), if they could waive the $40 upgrade fee since we've been excellent customers since 1998. She said yes, absolutely. Not a problem but you have to buy the phone first. Uh, ok <lol> That's pretty much a given! BASED ON THAT information, I bought my S7. A few days later I called Verizon to have the $40 fee removed. I was told I wasn't eligible for the full $40 upgrade fee credit. Long story short, the rep would, as a favor, credit us $20. I reluctantly agreed. I had grandkids on the way over and needed to get off the phone. The longer I thought about it the madder I got...well, not really mad, just exasperated with people I have to do business with. If I was told the first time I ask, NO, we can't do that, that's fine. But to tell me yes, no problem, and then not stick to their word, that's not cool. I called to speak to a supervisor. Of course the rep that took the call wanted to know if she could try to help me. I agreed but told her if she didn't have the authority to make the change, to connect me to someone that could. After I told her about the previous conversation I suggested they go back and listen to the recorded conversation between Abigail and myself. She put me on a brief hold and after speaking with her supervisor, issued another $20 credit. I thanked her very much :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Figured out what may be at fault here, i read through the fine print, and it states that the second device in order to qualify to be free, has to be on EIP, when i got both phones, the sales guy pitched me JOD and both phones are in fact on JOD instead of second one being on EIP. I strongly suspect thats why it is being denied. The sales guy assured me that JOD was the way to go to so i am furious that i was given a wring info and in beyond 14 day return window. I hope tmobile will make this right tomorrow.
Did you have the salesman write that you qualified for the promotion on the paperwork?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I hope they'll work with you on fixing that. That was very bad of that sale guy to do because you're right.. They have to be on EIP.

I haven't heard anything from T-Mobile yet but I do know mine was put on EIP.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I hope they'll work with you on fixing that. That was very bad of that sale guy to do because you're right.. They have to be on EIP.

I haven't heard anything from T-Mobile yet but I do know mine was put on EIP.

Both mine are on EIP, but does it matter for how long? For example, once I get the refund from T-Mobile I assume I can pay it off, or if I wanted I could pay one of them of right now?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Both mine are on EIP, but does it matter for how long? For example, once I get the refund from T-Mobile I assume I can pay it off, or if I wanted I could pay one of them of right now?

Correct. I paid my first one and the second one I am just paying monthly till I get the card .. then I will pay that off with the rebate card.

caveman84

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So got ahold of tmobile today, they will let me return both phones without restocking fee, then i will rebuy the same two phones on EIP and then they will honor the free device. I must say im pretty pleased with Tmobiles customer service, they hadled everything with flying colors. I knew ther was a reason i stuck with tmobile since 2002 through thier ups and downs as a carrier.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So got ahold of tmobile today, they will let me return both phones without restocking fee, then i will rebuy the same two phones on EIP and then they will honor the free device. I must say im pretty pleased with Tmobiles customer service, they hadled everything with flying colors. I knew ther was a reason i stuck with tmobile since 2002 through thier ups and downs as a carrier.

Glad they worked it out ! :).

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

So going through all that trouble of returning it, why can't they just refund you for one of the phones? I mean either way it cost the same for them.

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
What's hard to understand is why they would want to convert the two original phones to remanufactured units and take two new ones out of inventory, costing them extra.

If they can override the sales date requirement they could just as readily override the payment plan requirement. But the fulfillment people seem to be different than the sales people. How does he know he won't get shafted after the out of date purchase? He won't find out till after the return period is expired.

Why did these companies want to tie this promo to a payment plan anyway. Especially with no interest. I understand the extra line but what do they gain with a payment plan?

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
What's hard to understand is why they would want to convert the two original phones to remanufactured units and take two new ones out of inventory, costing them extra.

If they can override the sales date requirement they could just as readily override the payment plan requirement. But the fulfillment people seem to be different than the sales people. How does he know he won't get shafted after the out of date purchase? He won't find out till after the return period is expired.

Why did these companies want to tie this promo to a payment plan anyway. Especially with no interest. I understand the extra line but what do they gain with a payment plan?

Why do they need to be new phones out of inventory? It is quite possible to return the existing ones to inventory (clerical not actual) and just "rebuy" the same units back under the different plan.

caveman84

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree, it would have been much easier if tmobile would just give one for free when you purchase one instead of having to jump through all the hoops. That is definitely a backwards process. Tmobile has alway been this eay with all the promos. With all this "uncarrier" non sense that Tmobile spews, they are definitely in the stone ages when it comes to these kind of promos.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree, it would have been much easier if tmobile would just give one for free when you purchase one instead of having to jump through all the hoops. That is definitely a backwards process. Tmobile has alway been this eay with all the promos. With all this "uncarrier" non sense that Tmobile spews, they are definitely in the stone ages when it comes to these kind of promos.

It was bad on the sales guy but doing a rebate card for a BOGO deal is pretty common. Even outside the wireless industry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy