Re: Galaxy S7 voice to text feature missing from keyboard ?

Costapinomom

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site

If you're using the default Samsung keyboard I thought it was missing at first too. But there is a button on the bottom row, second from the left. If you long press that it brings up a mini list of options and one is the microphone for voice to text. Once you set this to microphone this then becomes the default option for that button.

I've had my S7 for a couple of months now and I was really missing/needing the voice to text feature. I can't believe it just occurred to me to see if someone else has figured it out. Thank you so much!

elahe azdigh

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site

If you're using the default Samsung keyboard I thought it was missing at first too. But there is a button on the bottom row, second from the left. If you long press that it brings up a mini list of options and one is the microphone for voice to text. Once you set this to microphone this then becomes the default option for that button.

Omfg this has been driving me mad for months thanks x

Emily Asbury

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site

I had disabled my Google app. As soon as I enabled it, the microphone reappeared. This was the only thing that worked I tried every other option that was listed. Good luck!

BrandyVSOP

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site

Thank you Thank you Thank you. Just got my S7 yesterday, and thought how could my 5 year old phone have it this, and my new Fancy A$$ phone not!
Big Thanks

Thien Ngo

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site

Disabling the google app will also remove speech functions from google maps, samsung keyboard, and google IME.

Last edited:

slerfald21

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site

I was going insane since I got this phone until I saw this post. Thank you for the info!

Last edited by a moderator:

Marty mcwhorter

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site

Can't find the Mic to speak while texting instead of typing.
on my galaxy s7 edge enhanced keyboard, if you hold down the emoji key it will enable your mic, toggles between, mic, emoji and settings..hope this helps..

Last edited:

RanDog55

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site

You nailed Jamal, your the man! Now I can text and drive safely....well kinda.

saralafo

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site

I tried holding down the setting icon on the bottom left of the keyboard and the only thing that appears is the Clipboard, the Smiley Faces, and the Setting icon. The Microphone is missing. How do I get that back?

Momma816

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site

I can not get my smiley icon (by the Sym button) to make the speaker as default....help!

johna22

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

I can not get my smiley icon (by the Sym button) to make the speaker as default....help!

Unfortunately I think maybe this is a Samsung bug? Sometimes I set it to the microphone button and it seems to change back to the smiley button. I haven't paid attention close enough to see what might trigger this. I just checked and it was on smiley, switched to microphone and restarted and it kept the microphone icon so doesn't seem to be caused by a restart. Wish I could be more helpful :-(

Monuel Melvin

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site

I had disabled my Google app. As soon as I enabled it, the microphone reappeared. This was the only thing that worked I tried every other option that was listed. Good luck!

I tried all these steps. Nothing works. Not able to screen shot to show still not there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt