Re: Galaxy S7 voice to text feature missing from keyboard ?

A

AC Question

Can't find the Mic to speak while texting instead of typing.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Which keyboard are you using?

johna22

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

Can't find the Mic to speak while texting instead of typing.

If you're using the default Samsung keyboard I thought it was missing at first too. But there is a button on the bottom row, second from the left. If you long press that it brings up a mini list of options and one is the microphone for voice to text. Once you set this to microphone this then becomes the default option for that button.

Sommerzkailey

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site

If you're using the default Samsung keyboard I thought it was missing at first too. But there is a button on the bottom row, second from the left. If you long press that it brings up a mini list of options and one is the microphone for voice to text. Once you set this to microphone this then becomes the default option for that button.

Thank you! This was driving me crazy!

Amb3rL4nn

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site

So when I press that button the "Microphone" is still missing... I only see the other 3 options... clipboard, emoji, settings

Thewhitebird

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site

I was frustrated beyond words until I found this post. Thank you, thank you and more thank yous!

johna22

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

So when I press that button the "Microphone" is still missing... I only see the other 3 options... clipboard, emoji, settings

I'm not sure if it could affect the settings but are you using Google or Samsung text to speech? are you able to use text to speech in any other apps like Google Now? if your phone is new maybe the option doesn't come up until you turn on text to speech and train it to your voice.

Starr1005

May 1, 2016
Visit site

Niceeeeee thx so much, this was killing me!

Jennifer Butler2

May 13, 2016
Visit site

I'm not sure if it could affect the settings but are you using Google or Samsung text to speech? are you able to use text to speech in any other apps like Google Now? if your phone is new maybe the option doesn't come up until you turn on text to speech and train it to your voice.
I switched between both Google and Samsung text to speech and neither is working!

Steeleblue70

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site

Thank you so much. Ive wondered fir months why it went away but didn't have time until recently to deal with it. So glad i found this site.

Last edited by a moderator:

JamalJohnson

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

I switched between both Google and Samsung text to speech and neither is working!

Have you disabled The Google App or GNow on Tap? The microphone was missing when I disabled that. Just re-enable those apps and it should pop right back up.

Posted via the Android Central App

LadyDi7

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site

Thank you so much. The first day with my phone (less than a week ago) I was able to find this on my own, but then the mic disappeared and I couldn't remember where I found it. Got it back and hopefully it stays now! LOL

Katldyer

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site

Oh my God you saved my sanity

flwolf

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site

Excellent advice! It's the smiley face button on my keyboard that needs to be depressed for a moment, to be exact.

photoshack

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site

Any way to make the voice to text convenient? this hidden implementation is really poorly done. The voice recorder in text button logically should be that voice to text and it should be a simple press to begin talking....the whole idea of voice to text is to be not fussing with a keyboard.

If the mc button could be configured to enable voice to text that would be perfect.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

Any way to make the voice to text convenient? this hidden implementation is really poorly done. The voice recorder in text button logically should be that voice to text and it should be a simple press to begin talking....the whole idea of voice to text is to be not fussing with a keyboard.

If the mc button could be configured to enable voice to text that would be perfect.
Other than to replace the keyboard with a new one? I don't think you can.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan