Samsung Galaxy S7 - 1 Month Later

Tmakedon

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Love the battery and the size of the phone. I dont know how the Iphone 6S plus gets so much love on battery life, my S7 out does it by a tad. But love the size and the screen the battery great all around phone. The reason I mentioned the 6S plus is because I have it on one line and its not the legendary battery performer it gets credit for when its USED. Stand by time is amazing on it though. Talk time eats the battery like no tomorrow. Having said that loving the S7, the size is pretty much the same as the 6S with a much better screen. Some might talk about IOS V ANDROID but I believe at this point in the game they are pretty much equal and absolutely have no bias one over the other. Strictly speaking this is the better phone. (S7)

brightsizelife

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I love this phone... I've always liked the screen quality, and the screen size is the best fit for my hand. Did I mention about the screen quality? I REALLY like it!

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
As far as durability is concerned, no offense but it is glass albeit shatter resistant glass and not shatter proof. Some type of case can be helpful. As I know that, at some point, whether within my control or not, I will drop my phone. Despite the added dimensionality, I have peace of mind with the Defender case. The cost of the case is better than an insurance deductible or full replacement.

Posted via the Android Central App

I know some people like their phones nekkid and that's fine if that's what you choose to do but srsly you've got no room to complain when these "premium" materials crack, scratch and dent. I could never own a phone of this caliber (or any smart phone) and not protect my investment.

laurenrmilne

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Hey, just wondering if you can help, I have an iPhone 5s and I'm looking to move to Samsung but unsure if i should get the S6 or S7, as s6 is free but S7 is £100 upfront fee, so wondering if it's worth it!

Thanks

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Two of the biggest advantages of the S7 over the S6 are the ability to have additional storage and the water-resistance. Only you can decide if those two items are worth the 100 pounds to you.

Trinity Baptist

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I had the s6 and upgraded to the s7 after much research and reviews. The best thing I can say about this phone is I love the battery life. I took it off the charger at 8am on Saturday and was away from the charger all day. When I finally put it on the charger at 11:00 pm that night, I still had 46% battery left and I used it quite a bit. There is no way my s6 would even come close to that. This seems to be the norm thus far for the last week.
I also love how good it feels in my hand. I know many don't like cases but the tech21 evo case for this phone is great. I feels like a very well-made phone of high quality. This by far is the best phone I've had. It's also a great relief to have water proof. Screen has amazing colors and processor speed has zero lag! This was well worth the upgrade just for the battery life alone! I looked at the edge too but don't really like the edge screen. The S7 or S7 edge is a win win for Samsung!

rave264

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Personally, i'm not impressed by the phone. My battery life is not as expected; for example, i took it off charger at 8am today and right now it's at 65%. If i was using the phone constantly, that would be okay; but i didn't touch the phone apart from replying to text messages. And I did look through and readjusted the settings when i got the phone. Also, my fingerprint scanner does not work half the time, which coming from an iphone is frustrating.

Either i got a lemon, or something is draining the battery that i'm not aware of..yet..

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Personally, i'm not impressed by the phone. My battery life is not as expected; for example, i took it off charger at 8am today and right now it's at 65%. If i was using the phone constantly, that would be okay; but i didn't touch the phone apart from replying to text messages. And I did look through and readjusted the settings when i got the phone. Also, my fingerprint scanner does not work half the time, which coming from an iphone is frustrating.

Either i got a lemon, or something is draining the battery that i'm not aware of..yet..
Its like you took the words out of my mouth bro. My biggest gripe is the standby time is awful, all apps would be closed and I wouldnt touch the phone, from a full charge doing nothing i could see it drain like 10% per hour let alone if I use it. I tried a factory reset but no luck. All apps are on optimize. That's why I'm getting an iPhone SE soon. I've heard that Samsung phones' standby time sucks and I had the same issue with the S6 edge+ but this is no different

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I had the s6 and upgraded to the s7 after much research and reviews. The best thing I can say about this phone is I love the battery life. I took it off the charger at 8am on Saturday and was away from the charger all day. When I finally put it on the charger at 11:00 pm that night, I still had 46% battery left and I used it quite a bit. There is no way my s6 would even come close to that. This seems to be the norm thus far for the last week.
I also love how good it feels in my hand. I know many don't like cases but the tech21 evo case for this phone is great. I feels like a very well-made phone of high quality. This by far is the best phone I've had. It's also a great relief to have water proof. Screen has amazing colors and processor speed has zero lag! This was well worth the upgrade just for the battery life alone! I looked at the edge too but don't really like the edge screen. The S7 or S7 edge is a win win for Samsung!

Holy moly! How do you get such good battery life? My S5 was like your S7...the battery life amazed everyone (me included). But my S7 isn't no where close to getting that kind of battery life or even what I would consider "decent". Yes, I have all of the features turned on that make a "smart" phone smart. Syncing, BT, Wifi (not so much) Locations, but I had all that turned on with my S5 and got twice the battery life. In fact, I had wifi enabled all the time. My data plan now is large enough I don't have to worry about running out and (here), wifi is slower than 4G. I have preinstalled apps disabled that I don't use. Unless I'm outside, I have my screen turned down to about 50%. With wireless charging at one end of the house, wired charger at the other end and a car charger, having to charge at any given time isn't a big deal but it would be nice to have the long battery life that was touted with the S7.

rave264

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Its like you took the words out of my mouth bro. My biggest gripe is the standby time is awful, all apps would be closed and I wouldnt touch the phone, from a full charge doing nothing i could see it drain like 10% per hour let alone if I use it. I tried a factory reset but no luck. All apps are on optimize. That's why I'm getting an iPhone SE soon. I've heard that Samsung phones' standby time sucks and I had the same issue with the S6 edge+ but this is no different

Ahhh....i looked at the iphone SE in the store and realized i can't go back to a 4 inch screen. So, i'll happily wait for the iphone 7

zerospace-net

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

My phone spends the majority of my day in standby (~6am til 10:30-11pm), and I routinely have over 50% of my battery left at night when I put it on my wireless charger, so this experience is not the same for everyone. Generalizing that "standby time sucks on Samsung" just isn't true. My phone has been on my desk since 5:45am this morning (its 9am now) and my battery is at 95%. I've barely touched it except to clear a notification or two. I use the always on display, leave NFC on and Wi-Fi on.

Things that most people have installed/use that I do not: Facebook, Twitter apps, Instagram... most social networking crap. I don't use any of it, though I do have Google+ installed. Apps simply being "closed" won't stop background services from waking the phone and draining the battery. Android does NOT work like Windows in this regard. If an app is installed, it can and will run in the background, regardless of whether or not you have actually even opened it. Those of you with extremely poor battery life should really take a look at what's keeping your phones from sleeping properly. When I get a new phone, I go into the settings and disable all pre-installed apps that I will never use (like ALL social networking apps). Your issues will persist from android device to android device if you use the same apps that are causing the drain.

Just another perspective on the issue ;).

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
My phone spends the majority of my day in standby (~6am til 10:30-11pm), and I routinely have over 50% of my battery left at night when I put it on my wireless charger, so this experience is not the same for everyone. Generalizing that "standby time sucks on Samsung" just isn't true. My phone has been on my desk since 5:45am this morning (its 9am now) and my battery is at 95%. I've barely touched it except to clear a notification or two. I use the always on display, leave NFC on and Wi-Fi on.

Things that most people have installed/use that I do not: Facebook, Twitter apps, Instagram... most social networking crap. I don't use any of it, though I do have Google+ installed. Apps simply being "closed" won't stop background services from waking the phone and draining the battery. Android does NOT work like Windows in this regard. If an app is installed, it can and will run in the background, regardless of whether or not you have actually even opened it. Those of you with extremely poor battery life should really take a look at what's keeping your phones from sleeping properly. When I get a new phone, I go into the settings and disable all pre-installed apps that I will never use (like ALL social networking apps). Your issues will persist from android device to android device if you use the same apps that are causing the drain.

Just another perspective on the issue ;).

now come to think of it, it makes sense because when I wiped my phone in preparation to sell it, with no apps installed, the standby time was amazing.

The same issue I faced with my previous Galaxy S6 Edge+

Now on Marshmallow, I have disabled all notifications and background refresh but it seems as you say, they will still run their services in their background.

I am not happy that I sold it, I loved its camera so much and the size was good. Now my iPhone SE which I just bought has all the same apps and yet it lasts me 2 - 3 days since I am a light user. Same apps, so why no drain? I never have NFC on on the Galaxy by the way, never used it, only WiFi is on. Don't know what to make of this but if I buy a smartphone, I wanna use some basic things you know. what I forgot to do to be honest is to uninstall Facebook and twitter and install Metal Pro instead.... don't know if that would've made things better.

mikepas

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I've had my S7 for coming up on four weeks and so far I really, really like this phone. I upgraded from the S6 and don't regret it one bit.

The battery life has been heads and shoulders above the battery life I was getting on the S6. I use my phone a lot for various tasks such as uploading photos, checking news and social media, work tasks, and more but this phone keeps chugging along like a champ whereas the S6 would have to be topped off at my desk almost constantly. Speaking of photos, after some initial concern about the camera I feel it's a much better shooter than the old one in the S6. After doing some experimenting I found the perfect settings to nail awesome shots all day long and the low light capabilities of the S7 are second to none.

I'm still of two minds about the external storage thing. On the one hand it's nice I can pop a 128GB micoSD card in and have plenty of room for music, photos, videos, and other files. On the other hand I really do wish Samsung had enabled extendable storage to the S7. That would make life a little easier on me, at least.

I've not tested out the water proofing yet but it's nice to know it's there if I need it. The slightly extra weight and thickness is not a problem for me as I feel it adds a little more "heft" to the device that I like.

Overall, the S7 is probably my most favorite device for daily use I've owned since the old iPhone 4 and 4s.

guitarpete987

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Literally the only problem I have with this phone is the fact that Bluetooth audio lags bad no matter which speakers or headphones I use. Does anyone have a fix? Is there some special trick I need to know? I watch a lot of stuff on my phone so this is a near deal breaker!

Please help!