Apps keep minimizing s7

Mikester311

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
My galaxy s7 has recently been minimizing all apps when using them. For example, if I scroll through an email or Facebook or really any app, they will randomly minimize. Even if I'm not touching the phone listening to music in any app, it will randomly minimize apps. I wiped the phone and started from scratch a few times in an effort to resolve the issue, but after a few days it comes back. I tried clearing cache of each app which doesn't help as it also happens while in the OS settings which I can't clear.
Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! By minimizing, do you mean that they dump you back to the homescreen? Or is the Recent Apps list coming up?

Mikester311

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
B Diddy, the mention of a 3rd party app got me thinking... Last time I restored the phone everything worked fine until I set up the Good app I use for my work email. Originally the phone worked fine after the restore. A few days later when I got to work and reactivated the Good app, it started to slowly have this issue minimizing the apps. I uninstalled the Good apps and the problem went away. Thanks for all your help and throwing ideas out there for me to try and troubleshoot.

Davedocherty1

May 1, 2018
Visit site
The reason nobody is able to solve this is this: I phoned Samsung for help. They have no ability to prevent the apps from minimizing. The techie had me enlarge the fonts on my phone. That is it. That is all. Now i have a gigantic font. I will have to live with that to prevent minimization where the app suddenly shrinks and only takes up 50% of the screen. Why doesn't Samsung have the ability to put an app back to full size in regular font?

JakeDeSnake

May 31, 2018
Visit site
Same problem -- I have this problem with both of the two main Google apps that I use -- Youtube and Maps. Only after the 2nd most recent update did this become a problem.
The Maps is fine, but Youtube consistently minimizing after 30 seconds is problematic to say the least.

Frustrating -- I purchased the s8 expecting a premium product and this just adds to my list of complaints.

Kelly Bourgeois

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I only had this problem with YouTube minimizing itself so what I did was go into the settings and went to the YouTube app so that I could disable window in window permission. The only downside is that you can't use the WinW function anymore but it's better than having the app minimize every 30 seconds. Hope that helps!

iamgian23

Sep 1, 2018
Visit site
Shizzz I have same prblem. My samsung j2 prime keeps minimizing on and on itry safe mode andinstall a cleaner app then days after they still keep minimizing. How can I solve this ****. Pls

Burnet

Oct 7, 2018
Visit site
Shizzz I have same prblem. My samsung j2 prime keeps minimizing on and on itry safe mode andinstall a cleaner app then days after they still keep minimizing. How can I solve this ****. Pls

Go to settings
Then Apps
Then Advanced
Then Special App Access
Then Picture in Picture
Turn off the ability for maps or any other app.

Problem solved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae