New S7 Contact Sync Error

mdeliso

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Good morning everyone,

Firstly, I want to state I did search the boards, but all I found was results for Facebook contacts.

I bought a new S7 last night, finally got rid of my Turbo. I noticed that a lot of my contacts are missing. There's no rhyme nor reason to which are missing. Some of my most recent are there, some a year old are not. Some contacts I haven't seen in years are.

I checked to make sure contacts are displaying everything. I made sure to sync them from my turbo. And I went into apps on the S7 and cleared the contacts data and resynced. Still nothing.

Anyone have any fixes for this?

Thank you for your time.

Sim Sim Salabim

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Is it possible that some contacts were saved to the device and not the sim card/sd card?

If that is the case and you do not have your old phone, I do think there is anything you can do.

mdeliso

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I suppose it's certainly possible. I do have my old phone, it's at home and I'm at work. What exactly would I do to make them sync properly when I go home later? I wasn't aware of this distinction.

Sim Sim Salabim

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I guess I should have asked before, but how did you transfer your contacts in the first place?
My guess is that the sim cards would not have been compatible with each other but I suppose that might depend on the carrier.

If you transferred them via sd card then try exporting them from your old phone again and saving them to the sd card.

You can try the micro-usb adapter to transfer files between phones, not sure how it works from a 'droid to an s7, but it worked fine from my s5 to my s7.

jcramos

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I'm having the same problem....

Brand new Samsung S7 out of the box, added my google account at setup and my contacts (only contacts) wont sync. I upgraded from Samsung S5 and everything was working fine until I got my new S7.

I reset the phone twice
cleared contact data
backup my contacts from within google, deleted all contacts and imported my contacts
Made sure all my contacts are within google, Witch worked fine on S5.

Any Ideas to try.

Jason

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I had a similar experience. I came from Windows Phone, and as you all know, there was zero support for transferring contacts over. So I started fresh by exporting all my contacts from my Windows Phone Outlook account and created a brand new gmail account to put all my contacts into and use as the account for my new S7. When transferring them over, they were all there (albeit with many duplicates that I had to manually delete), but when I look at my phone, they aren't all there. There seems to be no rhyme or reason either as to which contacts transferred and which didn't.

A separate question I have is how can I get contact photos to automatically draw from Facebook like I could with Windows Phone? With WP, this was pretty much automatic with a toggle switch. (sorry to hijack thread)