There is a huge battery drain problem on Galaxy S7's.

THE PROBLEM IS THE RECENT SOFTWARE UPDATE!!!!!

My phone is a Snapdragon U.S. Cellular Galaxy S7 on 4GLTE.

I have been trolling the web for DAYS to find out what was wrong with my S7 that I got 5 days ago. Especially after reading all the rave reviews about the battery life. I had updated the software the day I got it and my S7 was always hot and would not last for 6 hours even when I did nothing with it.

I was not happy.

Everyone is talking about managing apps, and wifi connections, and clearing the ram and rebooting and on and on and on. If you are trying to tweak your S7 to be the most battery efficient ever, then those things will work. I did all this and it didn't fix it.

I RELUCTANTLY took advice from a someone (wish I could thank them) somewhere on the 100 threads I read and factory reset the phone which I did NOT want to do. Since I went back to the out of the box software, my phone has been running with all options turned on and nothing optimized. (as I should be able to do.)

Since I factory reset it, my S7 has been running for almost 19 hours with moderate usage and my battery is at 70%......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My estimated battery life is 35 more hours on top of the 19 hours it's been running off the same charge.

I will not be updating my system software until there is an acknowledged fix for this (or I have no choice)

Galaxy S7 - Excessive Battery Drain-screenshot_20160408-101443.jpg
    04-08-2016 10:19 AM
    The update wasn't the problem then. Doing a factory reset doesn't get rid of updates you have already done

Posted via the Android Central App
    GadgetGator, sangs and ironass like this.
    04-08-2016 10:23 AM
    My battery life is atrocious, I'm gonna reset mine tonight

04-08-2016 02:47 PM
    Since I factory reset it, my S7 has been running for almost 19 hours with moderate usage and my battery is at 70%......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HOLY CRAP. I got mine 3 days ago and the battery life hasn't been NEARLY that good. Maybe I have this same problem as well.
    04-08-2016 03:32 PM
    The update wasn't the problem then. Doing a factory reset doesn't get rid of updates you have already done

Seconded. Factory reset does not roll back the software update. You probably noticed that there was no pop-up asking you to update.

Did you forgo the restore settings this time around? If you tested without any apps installed or without logging into your social media accounts, it's a bit apples and oranges.

04-08-2016 03:38 PM
    The battery drain on my stupid S7 I got last week has been no better than my 3 year old Lumia 920. I was a fool to think I would get better battery life after switching to Android lol. $700 down the drain!
    04-11-2016 09:57 AM
    Maybe I put the cart before the horse and it isn't the software, but factory resetting the phone fixed whatever was wrong.

You are right that it didn't ask to update the software again.

I don't know what the issue was. I reinstalled all my apps after the factory reset and then the battery lasted many, many hours longer than before and the phone never got hot.

I had tried all the other suggestions prior to the factory reset.

Basically, I got the phone, did the update, put all my apps on it and it drained the battery in no time. I then tried all the tweaks, shutting off blue tooth, shutting off background data on my apps, setting the screen on manual to 30%, clearing the cache, deleting unused apps, setting the screen timeout to 30 sec, shutting off gps, rebooted, powered down, etc. etc. and nothing helped.

I have about 10 "normal" apps. (facebook, snapchat, gmail, map my run, fitbit, google calendar, messenger, etc.)

After I reset the phone and reinstalled everything, without doing any tweaks my battery life went through the roof. Can't say how relieved I am given the price of these things.

Maybe it wasn't the update, maybe it needed a fresh start after the update, but the factory reset fixed it.......
    04-11-2016 02:33 PM
    do you all have a custom launcher by any chance?

See this thread if you do:

Switched back to TouchWiz, battery life improved big time
    04-11-2016 02:47 PM
    My battery has been great. I use it all day and even though I charge it in the middle of the day, it's usually still at 60%. And I am a HEAVY user. So I don't know what the problem is and I don't want to find out. I have to get a replacement phone due to unfortunate circumstances but if it has worse battery life, I'm sending that thing right back. My battery right now lasts long.
    04-11-2016 03:59 PM
    A factory reset can fix a botched update. I've had several times on different phones where battery life salucked after an update and was only restored after an update.

04-12-2016 11:03 PM
    I started experiencing battery drain when I used package disabled to turn some stuff off. I did a factory reset and only disabled what could natively be disabled. Battery is back to its full glory.

The device screams so I don't see a need to disable, just old habit.

04-16-2016 07:01 PM
    There is a huge battery drain problem on Galaxy S7's.

THE PROBLEM IS THE RECENT SOFTWARE UPDATE!!!!!

My phone is a Snapdragon U.S. Cellular Galaxy S7 on 4GLTE.

I have been trolling the web for DAYS to find out what was wrong with my S7 that I got 5 days ago. Especially after reading all the rave reviews about the battery life. I had updated the software the day I got it and my S7 was always hot and would not last for 6 hours even when I did nothing with it.

I was not happy.

Everyone is talking about managing apps, and wifi connections, and clearing the ram and rebooting and on and on and on. If you are trying to tweak your S7 to be the most battery efficient ever, then those things will work. I did all this and it didn't fix it.

I RELUCTANTLY took advice from a someone (wish I could thank them) somewhere on the 100 threads I read and factory reset the phone which I did NOT want to do. Since I went back to the out of the box software, my phone has been running with all options turned on and nothing optimized. (as I should be able to do.)

My estimated battery life is 35 more hours on top of the 19 hours it's been running off the same charge.

I will not be updating my system software until there is an acknowledged fix for this (or I have no choice)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160408-101443.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	223914
    Can anyone telle what 10368 app is? I was looking under the battery options and see it there right under Android system using the most battery.
    10-13-2016 09:44 AM