Is it at all possible to downgrade to Lollipop on my S7? I like the features of Lollipop better.
    04-08-2016 02:22 PM
    um...like what?

and probably if you root your device.
    04-08-2016 02:50 PM
    Nope. Rolling back to a previous update is possible, provided that you don't go back in the security level. But you want to downgrade to Lollipop on a phone that shipped with Marshmallow?! That's simply not possible without serious tweakimg and dev work, work that most sane developers are never going to put in simply because well, you're the only one that has ever asked for the atrocity known as Android Lollipop.
    Bridget Booth likes this.
    04-08-2016 09:03 PM
    You are right. I'd rather have Kit Kat over lollipop and marshmallow.

At the OP. So far as I can see there isn't any technical reason this can't be done. There will, however, necessarily be many features you will no longer be able to use as they are tied to the marshmallow operating system. The majority of the basic functionality should still be there though. Wait 5 or 6 months and do a google search for what you asked here. If it is doable somebody who is more knowledgeable will have probably done the work by then because contrary to Winston's experience in this matter, I know a great number of people who hate Marshmallow and would rather have Lollipop or KitKat. You just have to read the comments of any Marshmallow review to find them.
    04-18-2016 04:27 PM