Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update - April Security Patch

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I just manually checked for updates on my S7 and I got a notification that there is an update that includes security enhancements..... it was around 182 MB or 188 MB can't remember

It also said that these updates may include bug fixes but didn't mention any changelog about them.

My OS now is:

Baseband Version: G930FXXU1APD1

Build Number: MMB29K.G930FXXU1APD1

Security Software Version:

MDF v2.0 Release 6
VPN v1.4 Release 6.1

Android Security Patch Level April 2, 2016

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Just did a manual check and I have no update. Which carrier and country are you?

Don't know which carrier and country the OP is on but that update has been rolled out, so far, to the Global model for the Nordic Countries, unbranded phone on CSC code, NEE. Also to unbranded phones for, UAE, Germany, Iraq, South Africa and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg... pop: 1/2 million.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Not here in the USA.

As always, updates for the carrier branded minority variants, non Global, are at the discretion of the individual carriers concerned.

EDIT: Carrier branded models for Korea... KT Corp; LG Uplus and SK Telecom have also updated to the April Security patch on release PD1... build date 01 APR 2016.

Last edited:

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Telus in Toronto is releasing it on the 18th of this month on the exynos version, as well as marshmallow for the S6

Posted via the Android Central App with My GS7

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
New Verizon S7 under 2 weeks old still on February 1 patch although did get an update on day 2, evidently not a security patch.

Posted via S7, much loved S3 or Tab 3 8.0

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Mexico (Telcel) lightly carrier branded firmware for the Global model, G930F, is receiving the update now.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Seems there is more than meets the eye with the latest PD1 updates that the Global S7 & Edge models are currently receiving, as this article explains...

Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge updated with touch improvements

"The new software build (version XXUQAPD1) boasts that touch screen palm rejection is now much better than before, so S7 Edge owners should find that there are fewer accidental presses when using the phone in one hand. The new shape correction feature can now be found as a dedicated toggle under the main camera app’s settings menu. The option states that it corrects distorted shapes in and pictures that you take, although it’s not exactly clear how this works or what it applies to specifically. There are also a selection of smaller improvements to device performance and bug fixes included in the update as well."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia