First I'll begin with admitting that this was all my fault, so please don't rub it in my face lol.

I got my Platinum Gold S7 a month ago, pre-ordered it from Verizon with insurance. I've loved it since. I upgraded from an S4 so it was a huge upgrade. There's little I don't like about the S7. It is so quick, the display is gorgeous and the design is sleek. But it is so damn slippery. Two times I set it on my desk and it slid off almost silently. I also handed it to my dad once only for it to immediately slip out of his hand and fall. No damage. I ordered a case which took its time to get here and apparently it was too late.

Friday I was about to walk out of the building. Now sometimes I do read and walk but I make sure to pay attention to where I'm going. I approach the door to exit and as I open it I lower my right hand to slide my S7 into my pocket. As soon as I lower my hand it seamlessly (I still can't wrap my head around how) slides out of that hand and heads directly for the rugged metal doorstep. CLACK! It fell right on the lower right side and then landed face flat. I pick it up and notice a scrape on the top right corner. At first I thought it just fell towards the top of the phone but when the sunlight hit it I noticed long cracks all across the screen, getting worse towards the lower right corner.

No issues, it still works. I'm actually typing from it right now. But I have to get a complete replacement. And what pisses me off the most is that my case arrived already and was waiting for me when I got home.

:/

Definitely ruined my day though. I really do like this phone and was just getting used to it. The grip always bothered me though and that's why I had ordered a case (also to prevent stuff like this) but it was too late. No discredit to the strength of the phone. It was a hard fall onto a hard and uneven surface.
    04-10-2016 09:00 AM
    Sorry to hear about it. That's what insurance is for. I would file a claim and purchase the new one in a case. Even though I prefer the Defender. There are UAG clear cases that provide protection. I also search Blason cases like the Armorbox.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-10-2016 09:23 AM
    I had mine naked about a week before my otterbox defender arrived. I was sure my S7 would suffer the same fate but luckily it survived it's short life living on the edge.
    Love the look of the phone but had to protect her against the crule world & hide her beauty.
    Hope you don't have any trouble getting a replacement.
    04-10-2016 09:52 AM
    First I'll begin with admitting that this was all my fault, so please don't rub it in my face lol.

I got my Platinum Gold S7 a month ago, pre-ordered it from Verizon with insurance. I've loved it since. I upgraded from an S4 so it was a huge upgrade. There's little I don't like about the S7. It is so quick, the display is gorgeous and the design is sleek. But it is so damn slippery. Two times I set it on my desk and it slid off almost silently. I also handed it to my dad once only for it to immediately slip out of his hand and fall. No damage. I ordered a case which took its time to get here and apparently it was too late.

Friday I was about to walk out of the building. Now sometimes I do read and walk but I make sure to pay attention to where I'm going. I approach the door to exit and as I open it I lower my right hand to slide my S7 into my pocket. As soon as I lower my hand it seamlessly (I still can't wrap my head around how) slides out of that hand and heads directly for the rugged metal doorstep. CLACK! It fell right on the lower right side and then landed face flat. I pick it up and notice a scrape on the top right corner. At first I thought it just fell towards the top of the phone but when the sunlight hit it I noticed long cracks all across the screen, getting worse towards the lower right corner.

No issues, it still works. I'm actually typing from it right now. But I have to get a complete replacement. And what pisses me off the most is that my case arrived already and was waiting for me when I got home.

:/

Definitely ruined my day though. I really do like this phone and was just getting used to it. The grip always bothered me though and that's why I had ordered a case (also to prevent stuff like this) but it was too late. No discredit to the strength of the phone. It was a hard fall onto a hard and uneven surface.
    That's why I make it a rule to myself to never use a phone without a Spigen case and a screen protector. It's like a curse, when you don't have protection, it's like the phone gets possessed by some demon that will make it fall no matter how careful you are.
    Bridget Booth likes this.
    04-10-2016 10:00 AM
    I've had mine about 3 weeks now but I bought it on a Saturday afternoon and used it Sunday and woke up Monday to go to work. Someone called me on the way to work so I had the phone sitting on my lap when I got out of my truck and forgot and it fell face down on gravel. But didn't break . Didn't even know it was on the ground. Then someone came to get something out of my work Truck and stepped on it grinding it into the gravel. The third person to get something out of my truck is the one that actually seen the phone and picked it up. This whole time I'm thinking the phone is in my front pocket.
    Anyway it still didn't break the screen but it has about 7 scratches across the screen almost the thickness of the glass.
    The crazy part is I had my s6 for a year and I work construction and the phone don't have a single scratch on it lol.
    I have insurance on the s7 .
    04-10-2016 10:10 AM
    Ouch. Since I ordered mine pre-release, I was able to order and have a Spigen case waiting for the phone's arrival. Those few days spent without a case are always nerve wracking.

04-10-2016 11:05 AM
    That's why I make it a rule to myself to never use a phone without a Spigen case and a screen protector. It's like a curse, when you don't have protection, it's like the phone gets possessed by some demon that will make it fall no matter how careful you are.
    +1
    I had my Spigen case 3 weeks before I had the phone It did live on the edge for a week till I could get a Zagg screen protector. Best Buy was out when I purchased my phone and I like them to put it on.
    Had a Spigen Ultra Hybrid and Zagg protector on my S5. It hit the ground (cement and tile mostly) HARD at least a dozen times in two years. There isn't a blemish or crack on it.

Sorry TexasDude. Glad you had insurance!
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    04-10-2016 02:32 PM
    If you can still use the phone I would go to Samsungs website and sign up for the protection plus plan($129) w/79 deductible and then wait a month and turn in a claim.. Or you can send it to them now and play $269 like I did to get it all fixed. =-/
    04-10-2016 02:58 PM
    If you can still use the phone I would go to Samsungs website and sign up for the protection plus plan($129) w/79 deductible and then wait a month and turn in a claim.. Or you can send it to them now and play $269 like I did to get it all fixed. =-/
    No need, Verizon will replace it for 100 deductible.
    04-10-2016 07:42 PM
    So I kind of dropped my phone on the table and it randomly restarted. Don't know if that's because of the drop or what.
    04-13-2016 10:35 AM
    So I kind of dropped my phone on the table and it randomly restarted. Don't know if that's because of the drop or what.
    Sudden drops like that can cause the phone to restart.
    04-13-2016 12:13 PM
    Dropped mine as well, it had a case on it but still managed to take some paint off the metal on the corner, I have no clue how that worked out. Does anyone know a good touch up paint that color?
    04-13-2016 02:33 PM
    Aren't the corners just bare aluminum? Maybe it needs can be smoothed out somehow.
    04-13-2016 04:44 PM
    I dropped mine on concrete resulting in a very small rough dent on the metal edge. I used a very very fine nail file and buffer to smooth the Rough dent. It worked pretty well but has slightly rubbed away some of the coating/colouring on the metal edge. You can only see this at a certain angle in light but the dent is now very smooth and has reduced so again can only be seen at certain angles. It's the best I could without replacing the unit which obviously I'm not going to do over a small chip on the metal rim.

04-13-2016 06:56 PM
    Waiting for my lifeproof case I have three long scratches on the back and even though I can't see them now I still want to just throw the phone in the garbage now I'm so mad lol
    04-14-2016 03:17 PM
    I had mine naked about a week before my otterbox defender arrived. I was sure my S7 would suffer the same fate but luckily it survived it's short life living on the edge.
    Love the look of the phone but had to protect her against the crule world & hide her beauty.
    Hope you don't have any trouble getting a replacement.
    Pretty much with any phone nowadays. I loved my M8, and now my S7, but no way I'm carrying it around all day without at least a TPU case. I have the Spigen Rugged Armor and it's already saved one drop.
    04-14-2016 03:27 PM