S7 to VGA LCD projector

Steven Houser1

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I was able to use a connector in the past to connect my S4 to my LCD projector via a dongle (yes, used power input to the dongle).
My S7 allows the micro USB plug to be inserted but the LCD projector sees nothing. Very different experience than the S4.
Any ideas why? Is there a newer dongle needed?

I have a tab A 9.7 and my current dongle does not even insert into the micro USB port, so it fails as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

MisterEd51

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Install SideSync on PC
Install SideSync on S7
Connect S7 to PC with S7's USB cable
Start SideSync on PC
Start SideSync on S7
After they connect select "Phone screen" button on SideSync on PC
After S7 display opens on PC select "Enable Presentation mode" from pull down at top left

Other options available on pull down are:
Rotate S7 display on PC
Capture (screen)

At upper right is a button for fullscreen on PC of S7's display

Now all you have to do is connect the PC to projector

You can control S7 from S7 display using touch or PC display using mouse

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Install SideSync on PC
Install SideSync on S7
Connect S7 to PC with S7's USB cable
Start SideSync on PC
Start SideSync on S7
After they connect select "Phone screen" button on SideSync on PC
After S7 display opens on PC select "Enable Presentation mode" from pull down at top left

Other options available on pull down are:
Rotate S7 display on PC
Capture (screen)

At upper right is a button for fullscreen on PC of S7's display

Now all you have to do is connect the PC to projector

You can control S7 from S7 display using touch or PC display using mouse

I'm confused. Why not just use the PC to begin with? I think the OP was looking for a S7 to projector solution that didn't involve additional pieces of hardware other than a cable of some sort. I'd like that too.

MisterEd51

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Yep- would also like to do it without a pc...
The group I work with has a new Epson projector with built-in WiFi. I can use an app for the S7 to connect directly to the projector. The downside is it that way the S7 is no longer connected to WiFi and the internet.

A better way is for both the S7 and the projector to connect to the local WiFi. The S7 can then connect to the projector indirectly through the local area network. This way the S7 can still connect to the internet.

In any case I still prefer the USB to the laptop method because it provides a more solid and stable connection. Even this way I could connect the laptop wireless to the projector but this has proved not as stable as I would like. I prefer connecting the laptop to the projector using a VGA cable. The projector can also accommodate HDMI if needed.

The projector's HDMI port also support a mobile device with MHL but unfortunately that is no longer supported with phones like the S7.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
The group I work with has a new Epson projector with built-in WiFi. I can use an app for the S7 to connect directly to the projector. The downside is it that way the S7 is no longer connected to WiFi and the internet.

A better way is for both the S7 and the projector to connect to the local WiFi. The S7 can then connect to the projector indirectly through the local area network. This way the S7 can still connect to the internet.

In any case I still prefer the USB to the laptop method because it provides a more solid and stable connection. Even this way I could connect the laptop wireless to the projector but this has proved not as stable as I would like. I prefer connecting the laptop to the projector using a VGA cable. The projector can also accommodate HDMI if needed.

The projector's HDMI port also support a mobile device with MHL but unfortunately that is no longer supported with phones like the S7.

That's still seems redundant for my purposes (Haunted House projections). I am trying to replace the need for a computer not keep it plus add a phone into the equation! I guess I will keep looking for options.

Nick Medina

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
I was able to use a connector in the past to connect my S4 to my LCD projector via a dongle (yes, used power input to the dongle).
My S7 allows the micro USB plug to be inserted but the LCD projector sees nothing. Very different experience than the S4.
Any ideas why? Is there a newer dongle needed?

I have a tab A 9.7 and my current dongle does not even insert into the micro USB port, so it fails as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

I' ve spent days researching for a way to connect to my galaxy s7 to my projector. It finally paid off when i found screen beam mini 2. Only solution for my puticular situation for my to continue with using my data mobile data plan. But i believe it will work just as well if using other means of internet. To connect you will have to turn on your smart view, mirror image.

dtfamily

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I've unfortunately got to connect it to a very dumb vga projector, which wouldn't have an hdmi input, or am I missing something...?

Tim Isbell

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I need something just like you describe. I'm considering buying the Screen Beam Mini 2 and a Victsing LCD Video Projector Mini Portable HD 1080P LED Multimedia Projector. If I understand you right, my Galaxy S7 will screen mirror with the Screen Beam Mini 2 which plugs into the HDMI port of the video projector. Sound right? Thanks! Tim.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
eace2ffff08b158ec062200c14d59266.jpg

I have this adapter. I use it to get from my mini HDMI output on my chromebook to an old vga projector at a club I belong to.

I'm wondering if it would work to attach a chromecast to the Hdmi input on this adapter and then connect the other end to the projector.

Just thinking out loud... I have no projector to test this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463