Has anyone been able to get SideSync to connect over wifi? I can't... I'm trying to connect my G7 to my Windows PC. It works fine over USB, but on wifi they never connect, although both sides seem to see the other.

This is on my local network (two computers and a phone
    04-11-2016 01:22 PM
    Mmm... I've never tried it over WiFi on a PC, but it worked on my tablet. I can try when I get home (currently at work and WiFi is restricted, so the phone won't see the computer even if we're both in the same network).
    04-11-2016 01:45 PM
    MKairys,
    A similar issue with Samsung Note 5 workaround that might work for you.
    Previous to latest updates, two or three scans and could connect on WiFi.
    Latest update and no WiFi connection could be established.

I fell back to a latest update on Note 5, and previous known working version on PC.
    Back to two or three scans, and can connect over WiFi.

SideSync on Note 5 version: 4.3.1.6
    SideSync on PC version: 4.0.1.214

I continue to do updates when new ones come out, on both devices.
    So far, have had to fall back to PC version 4.0.1.214 every time.
    Maybe one day there will be an update to both devices that works again.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    04-15-2016 07:40 AM
    I have latest version of Sidesync app and desktop. Mine works, but sometimes can randomly disconnect and even sometimes refuses to connect. Usually the fix is to close and re-open the desktop program.

My guess is your wifi router/AP in your house isn't cooperating.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-15-2016 01:16 PM
    About a month ago I think I started with the following releases of SideSync:
    SideSync for PC 4.2.0.37
    SideSync for Android 4.2.0.2

I could connect with though USB fine and through WiFi most of the time. After then SideSync was updated on the PC and Android a couple of times:
    SideSync for PC 4.3.0.67 & 4.3.0.92
    SideSync for Android 4.3.1.4 & 4.3.1.6

Ever since SideSync 4.3 it can no longer connect using WiFi. With the latest release of SideSync for the PC it connects using the QR code or PIN but then disconnects after a few seconds.

I tried SideSync for PC 4.0.1.214. I even got the S7 display to appear on the PC a couple times but then after 30 seconds it disconnected.
    04-15-2016 10:29 PM
    Has anyone been able to get SideSync to connect over wifi? I can't... I'm trying to connect my G7 to my Windows PC. It works fine over USB, but on wifi they never connect, although both sides seem to see the other.

This is on my local network (two computers and a phone
    Make sure your samsung phone and computer that are both connecting through Sidesync via wifi are firstly on the same network, and that your computer is part of a Homegroup/Workgroup that it created. Secondly, enable file sharing and media sharing (to stream videos and media) option on the computer. I was having problems connecting computer to phone via Sidesync wifi earlier, but after making the above mentioned changes, they now connect fine every time.
    MKairys likes this.
    04-19-2017 02:50 AM
    Have you tried Microsoft launcher and cortana app on your Galaxy S7? its connects to windows 10 (Fall Creators Update 1709) without disconnect.
    so you can text from PC to phone.
    i tried SideSync had so many disconnect problem.
    11-03-2017 06:45 PM
    I thought u might be able to help..my Sidesync is not automatically connecting to my PC. It connects 50% of the time. When it dies not connect I usually have to close the apps both on my cell and pc then it connects. This Is very frustrating.
    Please help

Thanks
    11-03-2017 08:02 PM