Touch Screen Improvement Update

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
There is a new update for the s7 and s7 edge. It is supposed to fix some of the bugs with the touch screen. The main thing it mentions is the palm rejection on the edge. However, I've had touch screen issues with my regular s7. I manually checked for an update, but I do not have it yet. Can anyone with the regular s7 (who were having touch screen issues) comment on if the update helped the touch screen on the s7? Or is it only for the edge?

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
That only mentions the palm rejection. I would like to know if there are any other touch screen improvements for the regular s7

PA452

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Interested. I still think my regular S7 lacks sensitivity at the top and bottom of the screen.

I'd also like to see an update correcting the random screen activation. Frequently I press the power button to turn the phone off, set it down and the screen randomly comes back on. Less frequently it will even happen when I haven't touched the phone in quite some time.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Interested. I still think my regular S7 lacks sensitivity at the top and bottom of the screen.

I'd also like to see an update correcting the random screen activation. Frequently I press the power button to turn the phone off, set it down and the screen randomly comes back on. Less frequently it will even happen when I haven't touched the phone in quite some time.

Do you use Verizon message+? It was happening after the last system update. As a result, I stopped using it and went to Textra. I still get the occasional random screen turning on, but the turning off with power button then screen coming on issue went away.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

THIS^ I wasn't quite sure yet if it was my imagination or if I just thought the phone was off and it really wasn't. But I've been experiencing the same thing as PA452.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
That only mentions the palm rejection. I would like to know if there are any other touch screen improvements for the regular s7

(Maybe) there will be an update on there to bring back AirView! :D I won't hold my breath but I can dream <g> When I had to open up every date on this month's calendar to find the details I was looking for, I was wishing I'd never given up the S5.

PA452

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Do you use Verizon message+? It was happening after the last system update. As a result, I stopped using it and went to Textra. I still get the occasional random screen turning on, but the turning off with power button then screen coming on issue went away.

Nope, I've been using Messenger, but I believe Message+ is probably still running because if I open it things like photos I've texted are logged. Or would that be the case anyway?

I can disable it, but it just warns me that disabling a built-in app may cause issues with other apps and "your data will also be deleted".

ETA: I just disabled it. Now to see if it makes a difference. The unfortunate thing about something that happens randomly, I can't just try to trigger it to see if that did the trick, I just have to wait and see if the problem stops over the next couple days. ;)

Last edited:

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I have had a keyboard problem where backspace keys and bottom right corner keys wouldn't register when I hit it. I wonder if this update fixes those problems.

Posted via the Android Central App

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I got it on my S7 Edge yesterday but not on my S7. The Edge is on Vodafone in the UK. The S7 is on 3.

Posted via the Android Central App on a kicking Gold Samsung Galaxy S7

GregS2

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I too have noticed a lack of sensitivity near the bottom edge of the screen of the S7, and in fact are in the process of exchanging it for a different model. (the Note 5). I've tried five S7s in stores, and every one had the same problem. No other model seems to suffer from the problem - including the S7 Edge. (but I only tried one example of the Edge).

GregS2

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
A little birdy suggested I try the SGS Touchscreen Booster https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s.touchscreenbooster.com&hl=en&token=dGaypGnu app to increase the sensitivity. I haven't got my S7 any more, but I'm just curious to know whether anyone else with this problem could give it a try and report back. If it works, I may try to cancel my request to swap the S7 for a different device. I know the app doesn't specifically support the S7, but apparently there's a reasonably good chance it will work.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I just got an update for my tmobile s7 and the screen responsiveness does seem to have gotten better. but it's still not at the level where I can just hit my backspace key or space bar and not have to worry about it. kind of annoying. but yes it does have an improvement

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance