Just upgraded to S7 from S5. When I'm playing music thru bluetooth my notification sounds are muted both on phone's speaker and bluetooth device. Music's volume lowers when message comes in but can barely hear the tone coming thru. Unlike many other users, I liked my S5 playing notification thru both speaker and bluetooth device. Is anyone having this problem? I'd like to be able to hear the alert tone thru bluetooth device if not both.
    04-11-2016 06:29 PM
    Just upgraded to S7 from S5. When I'm playing music thru bluetooth my notification sounds are muted both on phone's speaker and bluetooth device. Music's volume lowers when message comes in but can barely hear the tone coming thru. Unlike many other users, I liked my S5 playing notification thru both speaker and bluetooth device. Is anyone having this problem? I'd like to be able to hear the alert tone thru bluetooth device if not both.
    Welcome to Android Central!

I believe they started doing that with the S6 and continued to the S7. I have not found a way to change it myself.
    04-15-2016 07:14 AM
    Thank you for your response. Can you at least hear the alert tones through your bluetooth headphones? Mine is muted all the way down to nothing. Sometimes I would mistake that as a pause between songs.
    04-15-2016 06:01 PM
    Thank you for your response. Can you at least hear the alert tones through your bluetooth headphones? Mine is muted all the way down to nothing. Sometimes I would mistake that as a pause between songs.
    No, it just lowers the volume of what I am listening to or watching and then raises back up. I am use to it myself and know that it is a notification coming in.
    04-18-2016 06:50 AM
    Yeah I find this annoying too. I don't know why it can't just play the sound like it should.
    04-18-2016 08:03 PM
    Figured out why this is happening... They have changed the relative sound levels for some reason... possibly due to loud notifications blowing out people's ears??? Anyhow, What I tried was adjusting the MEDIA volume WAY down relative to the volume of other sounds such as notifications and system sounds. This allows notifications sounds to come thru. Give it a try.... ( I just compensate for the lower media volume with the volume control on my headset) ( I have a Galaxy note 5 , and noticed the problem when it was upgraded to 6.0 a while back). I used to just keep all my volume levels maxed out... Looks like big brother thinks that is a bad for you and adjusts things accordingly.
    06-17-2016 01:01 PM
    Gary,
    Thanks for the post. It was driving me crazy on my Note 7. I was looking everywhere. After making the volume changes it works perfectly
    09-02-2016 03:49 PM