Samsung Galaxy S7 How do I remove swipe screen and immediately enter my pin when I try to unlock?

Scarletnevermore

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I can remove phone lock altogether, but if I want it to lock with a pin, I somehow cannot bypass an intermediate screen where it requires me to swipe before I can get to the screen to enter my pin. This step is unnecessary and annoying! How do I skip it? I want to press my home button and have the "enter pin" screen automatically pop up. I have already disabled things like Smart Lock.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is a somewhat common question in the S6 forum as well, after the Marshmallow update. This is how things work on Nexus devices, so what you're seeing is closer to "stock" Android. If you want to avoid the initial swipe, consider using Smart Lock (instead of disabling it), or use your fingerprint scanner.

MisterEd51

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I normally use fingerprint scanner but after a power down it asks to unlock with my pin. I set the "Secured lock time" to "Instantly with power key or...". Now it never asks me to swipe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781