S7 vs. iPhone 6s

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have no problems with iOS, being a Mac user it should be my daily driver but I love customizing my phones. Like I said in my thread (in General forums), without launchers like Nova Prime I would've likely stick with iPhone.

I love the 6S with 3D Touch, the Rose Gold color, improved iOS, etc. I really thought it would be a keeper (for 6 months at least, LOL) but last year when I bought my 2015 Nissan Murano SL AWD the Text Messaging feature wouldn't work with it, so I was forced to sell it.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having issues with NOT getting messages from friends with iphones since I made the switch

This is actually pretty common... My guess is that you didn't deregister your number with iMessage. Apple kind of takes control of your number, so when another iPhone user sends you a message, it assumes your are still on their network (and won't send it via SMS). So all those phones still think you are on an iPhone yourself, so you will never get anything.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

7AndTRT

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I hear ya. I go back and forth A LOT. I do tend to find myself always going back to apple as like my "home base". I find myself tinkering with my android a lot more than just using it as it's intended. I do love to tinker though lol. For me personally, it does help that literally everyone in my life except for my husband has an iPhone. So I like to be able to use things like imessage and facetime with my friends and family. Also I think I'm in the minority, but I actually like iTunes. On the flip side, I use a lot of google services and android is miles ahead in that way. But on the other other side, apple has great customer service. It's tough, and I'm rambling. But I get you. :)
I'm with you. I picked up a S7 last week and the longer I use it the more I realize that its a beautiful phone and a vast improvement over Samsung of old... But I'm missing my 6S. I've spent the last few days trying to trace my battery drain and tweaking settings and its made me miss the reliability of my iPhone.

If it wasn't for apple music the sim card would already be back in the 6S. The S7 is the first Samsung I haven't hated in a long time but my home base is the same as you. Add in my iPad and Macbook and yeah...

And I also like iTunes. You aren't alone. Lol.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you. I picked up a S7 last week and the longer I use it the more I realize that its a beautiful phone and a vast improvement over Samsung of old... But I'm missing my 6S. I've spent the last few days trying to trace my battery drain and tweaking settings and its made me miss the reliability of my iPhone.

If it wasn't for apple music the sim card would already be back in the 6S. The S7 is the first Samsung I haven't hated in a long time but my home base is the same as you. Add in my iPad and Macbook and yeah...

And I also like iTunes. You aren't alone. Lol.

I just picked up an iPhone SE lolololol. I can't help myself!

rave264

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Curious why. You stated earlier you only use the phone for games and communication. What would there be to check other than communication (for which you would be notified by the notification light)?

I don't pay attention to the notification light... weird, i know. I can pick up my phone once in a while through out the day and check my messages. Also, the S7 now has the notifications on screen, even with the screen off. I don't know why but i don't check it often.

rave264

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
This is actually pretty common... My guess is that you didn't deregister your number with iMessage. Apple kind of takes control of your number, so when another iPhone user sends you a message, it assumes your are still on their network (and won't send it via SMS). So all those phones still think you are on an iPhone yourself, so you will never get anything.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

Yep, i've become an expert on this; since i change from iphone to android so often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae