I'm a recent convert from ^%*&%&)! apple. I'm importing my itunes to my sd card on my S7 right now. What I really want is a music player that will play all my music FROM MY DEVICE. No clouds, no streaming, no wifi. The vast majority of the time I'm listening to music with no wifi-access, or wifi so weak it might as well not be there. Apple kept pushing me to use the stupid cloud. Making me use it. Deleting music from my phone and telling me to connect to wifi to play my songs. So what music player will let me organize and play music from my device, without using the cloud?
    04-17-2016 08:25 PM
    I'm a recent convert from ^%*&%&)! apple. I'm importing my itunes to my sd card on my S7 right now. What I really want is a music player that will play all my music FROM MY DEVICE. No clouds, no streaming, no wifi. The vast majority of the time I'm listening to music with no wifi-access, or wifi so weak it might as well not be there. Apple kept pushing me to use the stupid cloud. Making me use it. Deleting music from my phone and telling me to connect to wifi to play my songs. So what music player will let me organize and play music from my device, without using the cloud?
    Welcome to Android Central!

Google Music should allow you to play offline music only. If you prefer not to use that, then take a look at the many music players available in the Play Store here: https://play.google.com/store/search...:S:ANO1ljKFh_c
    04-17-2016 08:38 PM
    Galaxy apps store has the stock music player.
    04-17-2016 08:43 PM
    Go to Google Play Store & download the Samsung Music app. It use to be native, but now you have to install it yourself. It should be what your looking for.

Posted via the Android Central App using my badass Galaxy S7
    mitul_mehta likes this.
    04-17-2016 08:43 PM
    Why do these companies/apps think that everyone has unlimited mobile data or unlimited wifi? I live in the country with no cable. My only connection to the internet is satellite (HughesNet). I pay $65/month for 10GB of data/month. And if that isn't bad enough, the max download speed (on a really good day) is 9-10mb. Cloud based services are not an option for me. I think companies should make it easier to keep music on your device. Most of my music comes from Amazon. I have to jump thru hoops to put the music I BOUGHT on my phone/computer/tablet rather than stream it from the stupid cloud!
    daniel j c likes this.
    04-18-2016 12:04 AM
    My app of choice is mediamonkey. But I've tried the stock music app on my S7 and it works fine.
    04-18-2016 06:10 AM
    I pay 15 per month for Google music family subscription. I can download any music in the Google library for offline listening. I have a "thumbs up", mix with 75 songs. One tap to download all of it for offline music. If you have an SD card with it on it, any music player should be able to see the music and play it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-19-2016 12:01 PM