My top four gripes about the S7 - can anyone help?

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Simply pressing the volume button once when the phone is ringing will mute an incoming call. No need to unlock the phone, or even the screen to be on.

drinkoldcoke

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
I have 2 solutions for you as I owned an S7 - past tense:

1. Your pocket dial / home button problem :
A. Look into buying a case with a lip that wraps over the front, this will help with accidental button presses and make it easier to hold landscape without toughing those @#@$% ing capacative buttons...made my S7 go from unusable to good !

B. As far as the thumbprint reader not being good...I found it to be very good...my SECOND time. If you don't closely follow the on screen directions it's not that good. Try to place a slightly different area of your thumb on their each time to give it a more complete scan of your thumb and it should be less finicky. Kind of like when you paint a car, you overlap each pass, but still move the gun each pass. My second thumbprint setup was much better because I followed the directions more carefully. On the Iphone it doesn't matter as much if you are careful, but Galaxy series it does (but it works great still.)

EDIT...battery life... you can improve it lots just by running "power saving" mode 24 / 7...if you need more use "Ultra Power Saving"...they are both in your drop down, I am sure you know this...the phone goes old school in Ultra..but if it's in your pocket most times ...you won't care.

Enjoy your much more awesome camera vs Apple :D

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
If you like Apple and go.to android some go through the a sort of tech shock- there's a reason there's apple fan Boys and Android fan boys, personally I love everything about my gs7 and wouldn't trade it.for the world- unless it's next year when I get the s8

Posted via the Android Central App

JoeKiv

May 1, 2014
Visit site
2nd one listed "- No physical mute switch on side of phone. It is a pain to activate the phone in order to turn down the ringer until it mutes."
Don't need a switch to mute the phone. Go to 'Settings'....'Advanced Features'... 'Easy mute'. Turn it on. You can then mute the phone ringer by either flipping it over or placing your palm on the screen.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
hahahah except that the phone will ring first before you can flip it over. If you're in a meeting or place where you need to be quiet, you're already screwed at that point. Some people want to be able to mute the phone without unlocking and then holding down a rocker switch. And then making sure all 4 volume levels are muted just in case

JoeKiv

May 1, 2014
Visit site
OR if 1 ring is too much then use "Do Not Disturb" . Then you again don't need a "mute" button unless you really, really need one for the sake of having one. In which case buy an Apple!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
hahahah except that the phone will ring first before you can flip it over. If you're in a meeting or place where you need to be quiet, you're already screwed at that point. Some people want to be able to mute the phone without unlocking and then holding down a rocker switch. And then making sure all 4 volume levels are muted just in case

I haven't run into this issue. I simply hold and it goes to vibrate and everything is silence -- regardless of the other volume bars.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I haven't run into this issue. I simply hold and it goes to vibrate and everything is silence -- regardless of the other volume bars.

"Media" volume doesn't get muted in that case though. And you still have to unlock the phone, which is annoying when you just want to quickly mute the phone with one hand without looking at it

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
"Media" volume doesn't get muted in that case though. And you still have to unlock the phone, which is annoying when you just want to quickly mute the phone with one hand without looking at it

Unlock it - yes still has to be done. I never once have had the phone simply start playing something out of no where. I would have to initiate an app and purposely start it and we're talking about the phone call ringing in a meeting right? So my statement still stands on it would be muted and not ring by simply being on vibrate and not needing to worry about the other bars to accomplish this :).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante